Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The right side passenger floorboard from my 2010 XC fell off on my way to work this morning. Gonna surf the shoulder after work and hopefully find it, but if not...

Before paying out the nose for a brand new one, I was hoping maybe somebody here had a take-off laying around somewhere. 2010 or 2011. Part number 5136538-463.

As always, Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
eBay is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
The replacement fell off today, so I'm still looking.
Man, you can't get a break.

This may be a case of closing the barn door after the horse got out, but FWIW, I almost lost a passenger board the first summer I rode my '12 XCT.

The circlip had come off the end of the pivot bolt, and the bolt had worked itself almost out. I pushed the bolt back in (and kept an eye on it, the rest of the ride), got a new circlip at the dealer, and slathered red (permanent) thread locker all around the circlip after I put it on. Did the other side, too.

I'm not familiar with the XC passenger boards, but if they use the same system, you might want to do something like I did. I've even read a post or two where owners have drilled through the bolt, and put a cotter pin in there, instead of the circlip.

Here's what I'm talking about:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, you can't get a break.
It feels like that sometimes. Thanks for the idea - I like the idea of the cotter pin. I'm really paranoid about it now. Almost to the point that I'm thinking about tethering it to the bike - kinda like how my mom pinned my mittens to my coat sleeves. Well, not quite that bad, but you get the idea.

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Witchdoctors has one in 'used parts' for $10
I'm kinda embarassed to say this, but I wasn't aware that Witchdoctors had used parts. Never scrolled down far enough to see the 'Used Parts' section. Sorry I missed that, but I won't from now on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts