Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be towing my 2012 xct from B.C. Canada to Casa Grande Az in January for three months. What is the best way to tie it down to the trailer and where should I be riding in this state to avoid the interstates?
Does anyone live in the Tuscon/Phoenix area that could help?
All information would be appreciated. I have been in that area as a snowbird for 8 years but have never brought the bike down
Thanks bcflyguy wac

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the maps Frank

What kind of trailer do you have? Out by Casa Grand there are lots of good rides, check out this link for some ideas http://www.arizonaroadadventures.com/
They look like great rides. Attached is a pic of the motorcycle trailer. I will transform it to a one up trailer by centering the wheel chock.
Thanks bcflyguy

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
... I will transform it to a one up trailer by centering the wheel chock...
I would just add a 3rd wheel chock in the center - that leaves the trailer capable of carrying one, or two bikes in the future. You never know when that can come in handy.

Btw, that's a good looking trailer.

·
Registered
186 Posts
We've used motorcycleroads.us a lot for our cross-country trips and it's been very helpful. (note the color coding of the roads)

·
13,262 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
AZ riding

AZ has about all the type of riding you want. Just get with a good meet up group ie: Phoneix Motorcycle Riding Group and ride on and enjoy.

·
Registered
636 Posts
They look like great rides. Attached is a pic of the motorcycle trailer. I will transform it to a one up trailer by centering the wheel chock.
Thanks bcflyguy
I have trailered back and forth from AZ to AB since 2008. My wife and I rode it once and plan more for sure. First, you need bag bars. Makes it waaaaay easier to strap down the rear end. Check the manual for what Ma Vic says, but I like my rear end tie downs better. for the front, get furry straps and put them around the triple tree and do not use the handle bars. use ratchet straps.... I also have Baxley trailer clocks to assist me in loading.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Az riding

howdy

always good rides down here in the winter...drop me a line/PM when you are around.

GT
Thanks for the offer gulliverstoe. I might just do that. I will be down to Casa Grande in early January. Talk to you then
bcflyguy thumb up

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone for all the info. Really appreciate it
bcflyguy

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Jerome. Sedona, Payson, Prescott, superior, Tucson, Page. All great rides.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jerome. Sedona, Payson, Prescott, superior, Tucson, Page. All great rides.
Thank you for the advice, I will try these. Is Sedona not rather high in ELEVATION FOR THE MONTH OF FEB???wac

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thank you for the advice, I will try these. Is Sedona not rather high in ELEVATION FOR THE MONTH OF FEB???wac
Yes it is... But you gotta check the weather.......and you are a Canadian..... You could ride naked and still be warm...... :ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
81 Posts
and you are a Canadian..... You could ride naked and still be warm
He's from Kelowna so he'll be a bit spoiled. LOL

·
Registered
207 Posts
Feb is hit or miss for the high country, just depends on the weather we get for the winter. They are saying its going to be a cold one this year but we have to wait and see. Cold doesn't mean snow for Arizona since we get so little moisture. It can be very cold up North but no snow due to the precipitation we get is so little. I remember last year by Feb there was no real snow anywhere really except for at Sunrise.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Been there in Feb 70 degrees. Been there in April 40 degrees. Hit or miss but well worth it

·
Registered
636 Posts
Been there in Feb 70 degrees. Been there in April 40 degrees. Hit or miss but well worth it
I can attest to that......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts