Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off hey whats up new to this forum and riding, been browsing for awhile and hope someone can help. Have 07 Jackpot and bought it with only 500 miles about 3 months ago. Went for short ride yesterday and stopped to rest got off bike, when tried to restart nothing but faint whine. Called dealer he suggested battery was to weak makes sense it is roughly 4 years old and probably set for awhile. With new battery lights are nice and bright, thinking I have reached the end of the rainbow but now when start button is pushed the bike just clicks and all power goes out. Have to remove positive terminal to get to try starting sequence again but same result click and lights out. The click does seem to come from starter solenoid and can physically feel the solenoid tick when the start button is pushed. I'm not sure if the bike is going into fail safe mode which is the reason I have to reconnect terminal(reboot) or is it just I have to replace starter solenoid? Any suggestions and sorry so long winded. By the way these small parts for bikes sure are not any cheaper just cause they are smaller. Thanks again

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Firstly Did You Have The New Battery On A Slow Charge Before Installing Same?
With The Ignition Switched Off Check That Battery Voltage Is Above 12.5volts.
Switch The Ignition On (do Not Start The Bike) Leave Your Headlight On High Beam For A Minute Switch Off Check Battery Voltage Above 10.5volts.
Leave Swiched Off For A Further Minute Battery Voltage Should Rise To Over 12.5volts.
If This Does Not Happen Charge Battery On Slow Charge For Approx 8hours.
If Battery Checks Out Ok Bypass Starter Relay And See If Bike Starts (if It Does Relay Is Faulty)
If It Does Not Suspect Faulty Starter Motor.
In Extreme Cases If Starter Motor Is Ok Then There Is A Mechanical Fault With Engine
Good Luck

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Believe it or not it could be a simple thing like the terminals. Have you checked to make sure they are clean and secure at all ends? You'd be surprised how often the battery connections are at fault for a few things on the bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions presently battery terminals are clean will check battery voltage looking in manual to find starter relay so will pst soon with results thanks again for help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you ever here kiss keep it simple stupid nothing worked so last ditch effort used dialectic grease on weather tight connector to starter solenoid and voila on the road again. I thank they made a song about this ( on the road again) thanks again for the help and lets ride!!!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
you ever here kiss keep it simple stupid nothing worked so last ditch effort used dialectic grease on weather tight connector to starter solenoid and voila on the road again. I thank they made a song about this ( on the road again) thanks again for the help and lets ride!!!

How many sentences are in that quote? LOL:ltr:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts