Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site. I bought a 2003 cruiser v92c this past thursday. I had to lay it down on the way home due to a sudden stop of the driver in front of me. I broke my right collar bone and foot plus bruised my ribs.

Anyway I need some parts. Windshield, right mirror, crash bars, light bar. plus the bike did not come with a manual and i know nothing about victory motorcycles.

I would appreciate any help or tips.

I would rather die standing than live crawling.

Thank you!

·
Registered
91 Posts
OUCH!!!! Hope you heal quickly!

As to parts... Some are still available from Victory, some not; If you're willing to do some digging, though, you should be able to find whatever you need.

Mirrors - the thread is a standard metric thread; if you want something different from the OEM mirrors, there's a wide selection out there of ones intended for other metric bikes with the same thread.

Crash bars - OEM ones may be difficult; you can find Lindby bars on eBay pretty easily.

Windshield - Don't know if still available from Vic, but you should be able to get an aftermarket one without too much difficulty (I'd try Memphis Fats first).

For other items NLA from Victory, keep an eye on eBay, the For Sale forums of the various Victory-oriented websites, even CraigsList.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thanks man for sharing your knowledge and tips with me. i reall appreciate it.
cheers

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap and glad your realitively ok.

Here is a link to a site I found recommended on the Vic forums for parts.. http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/fiche_select2.asp?category=Motorcycles&make=Victory&year=2003&fveh=5763

The manual can be downloaded by going to http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory-Motorcycles/Pages/parts-manuals.aspx and creating an account. You can then download the PDF.

if you provide the part number for your windscreen I may know of a screen only, no hardware though... Good luck on the build

Tim

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dude, sorry to hear about your crash. That suck.

Anyways, you may want to look at a previous thread from Docholliday "V92 Engine". He is parting out stuff for a 2001 V92. I'm not sure if it will fit your 03, but its worth looking in to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Halfs?

My wife just laid her's down on the left side. Needs the same parts. She has a really nice Right engine guard and right stock mirror. If it is the same kind maybe we could sell ours to you or vise versa. Help each other get new ones.
As far as engine guards, I cant seem to find anyting anywhere. All the ones I see stop at 02' or start at 04' for fitment. Like they totally skip the 03' Classic Cruiser. I have seen some that say they are for an 03' Kingpin but the pic shows a Classic or V92C. Not sure what is up with that.
Anywho....If ya wanna catch up and see if the parts will work for one or the other, gimme a hollar. [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts