Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was, unhooking the left bag because, for some unknown reason, wanted to attach my passenger back rest. (yes I know all I hafta do is open the lids), but I was used to detaching the bag with no consequences on my XR for a plethora of reasonsincluding cleaning and checking the rear tire air pressure. It had the cop bags on it so it would never fall. My XC does not.. Brain cramp!, it fell onto the driveway, lid first of course :mad: :crzy:and well, now there is a small gouge outta the surface that I will need to apply touch up paint on, or it will peel like a banana eventually. Anyone know where I can obtain the paint code for my AG-XC? Does the dealer have touch up paint? HELP... and as always thank you.....

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You all are the best! Thank you so much.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The paint codes in the manual will not mean anything to body shops or paint vendors. I know, I tried to get them to match the imperial blue on my bike and they could never get it right. Ended up buying a quart from the dealer. The quart will run around 100 bucks, will save you a ton of headache in the long run.

I had several things on mine painted by a very reputable body shop and they could never get a correct match. They got close color wise, but the flake in the paint is an oddball and they could not match it so when you put it in the sun it stuck out like a sore thumb. Had to have all redone with the factory paint.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, went to a dealer and ordered the small automobile style touch up paint. But mine requires three paints. So, I decided I wanted to paint the gauge side of my fairing. AZVictory Tuscon said Polaris only sells in quarts, and of course I need 3 paints.... So 99 bucks a quart.....can't they sell it in pints? Oh well, if that is the price, and I want to do that mod, then 300 dollars is going to escape from my wallet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
pckrfan

I just had my corbin beetle bags painted to match my 12 vegas And searched all over for paint codes, just so happened when I was at the local body shop discussing this paint code issue with the owner the paint rep from ppg shows up and says "yep, PPG is the paint victory uses so I can match your paint". Just got'em back and they look spot on. Mine is sunset red and pearl white and it is a tri-stage paint and difficult to match. I'll post pics in the general discussion when I get a chance to take some.
Have your local body shop get with PPG paints.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.. Will call him tomorrow...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Talked to him.. He talked to his rep..... No dice... Gonn hafta buy the quarts I guess...... I have suffered worse fates... Hahahahahaha

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can only speak for my AG XC....... I had to buy the touch up paint from the dealer.......and it came in doubles...... 2 base, 2 clears and 2 mid coat bottles.......fyi

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
the person i talked to in minnesota deliver paint to polaris.
he said the pigments are from dupont[or whatever the new
company is called].

·
Registered
136 Posts
Midwest industrail coatings! They supply vic with their paint. I order all my paint that i need for victory bikes through them since its the factory paint. 80 bucks a quart. I have used PPG to match them as well but only sunset red. It was a tri stage paint with PPG but is normal base coat from midwest. The AG is tri stage with the pearl being the midcoat.
952-252-2000 give them a call and they will get you set up.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
talk to tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can get little bottles of touch up paint from the dealer, it comes in a two pack, and all 3 will run you about $60.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts