Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions where I can get a reasonably priced (rt) side panel for my '06 jackpot? I have the red flame paint scheme and the support staff at Polaris can't tell me which part # to order. I was told I'd need to contact a dealership, which I did, and got the same answer....that being....we're not sure. This is horribly frustrating and sounds as though it's going to be horribly expensive as well. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Any suggestions where I can get a reasonably priced (rt) side panel for my '06 jackpot? I have the red flame paint scheme and the support staff at Polaris can't tell me which part # to order. I was told I'd need to contact a dealership, which I did, and got the same answer....that being....we're not sure. This is horribly frustrating and sounds as though it's going to be horribly expensive as well. Any help is much appreciated.
Here are the part numbers, for the 2006 Jackpots - you have to figure out which of these is your color:
5435286-266 Cover, Side, RH, Black
5435286-520 Cover, Side, RH, Red
5435286-1223 Cover, Side, RH, Red/X
5435286-1224 Cover, Side, RH, Black/X
5435286-1227 Cover, Side, RH, Yellow/X
5435286-1229 Cover, Side, RH, Black/Ness Flames
5435286-1230 Cover, Side, RH, Ness Blue

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
View attachment 8528 sunset red with extreme graphics.
9 5435286-266 Cover, Side, RH, Black 1 Usage
9 5435286-520 Cover, Side, RH, Red 1 Usage
9 5435286-1223 Cover, Side, RH, Red/X 1 Usage
9 5435286-1224 Cover, Side, RH, Black/X 1 Usage
9 5435286-1227 Cover, Side, RH, Yellow/X 1 Usage
9 5435286-1229 Cover, Side, RH, Black/Ness Flames 1 Usage
9 5435286-1230 Cover, Side, RH, Ness Blu

So the part number you want for a right side sun set red with extreme graphics is 5435286-1223...... It took some time on Polaris site to find this info..

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
sunset red with extreme graphics... So the part number you want for a right side sun set red with extreme graphics is 5435286-1223...... It took some time on Polaris site to find this info..
Nice work, detective. thumb up

·
Registered
526 Posts
Contact Kate at Honda East Toledo. I got one from her about two weeks ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great support!

Thanks TrashmanNYC, best lead I've got thus far. Will give her a call tomorrow AM. Left a message with ZZZ.com this AM; finally called back after 5 hours to say they could not get the part. Also sent an email this AM to WWW.com but no response as of yet. I'll keep you posted with my progress. Thanks again,
Conanrx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys, I'm glad we have a sense of humor here.

To add some clarity to this saga...and not poo poo on Gibson's labor of love, I had combed through Polaris' schematics and located the part # originally assigned to the panel (before I fired the distress flare). Calling CS at Polaris was my first mistake. The recording of my call will likely be used in future CS training sessions showing new hires how NOT to handle a call. :confused: I learned that the original part # had been changed, not from Polaris, but from a dealer. Neither Polaris nor the dealer could see the panel (or its picture) to assure me that this new part # would be the right color scheme when it arrived. If my conscience didn't bother me enough by charging someone nearly $500 for a small piece of plastic, then I'm sure it would if I couldn't assure the ripoffee that the correctly colored piece would be shipped.
So, please accept my apologies guys. I guess you were overlooked because it finally seemed that I may soon be talking to someone who knew more about the side panel than I did. Kate was a real sweetheart.thumb up
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that I'm a newbee to the forum, so all tips, hints, and tricks are appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah Buddy!!

Guys, I was having a hard time swallowing that (nearly) $500 price tag for a pretty piece of plastic (right hand side panel). I started perusing eBay and found an '06 JP with the same paint scheme I have. The owner had replaced the original side panels with chrome (on plastic). Long story short, the bike didn't sell so I was able to purchased the set of original panels, both for $200. He only asked $100 for the pair, but he was such a great guy to deal with I told him I'd give $200 and pay shipping. I sent the funds on 10/25, he shipped on 10/26 and I got the pair today. That's the pair for less than half the cost of one had I ordered through Victory channels. I don't mind spending a few extra bucks when dealing with honest folk who offer you a good deal. cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts