Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know black makes a bike faster but I'm wanting to make her stand out alittle more. Anyone good with photoshop that could help me out with what my bike would look like in a few different colors. Looking at a bright white, a nice like Camaro yellow, as well as some candy reds and greens. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just went from from a black bike to this. Black & gold rush (as they call it). Kind of a silvery pewter color. I really like it and it's refreshing from all black for 4 years. I think the light color would look great also with the black if it was a little more of a beige color. I have already noticed on a recent trip that this bike draws a lot more attention than my black one ever did so it obviously stands out.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I have already noticed on a recent trip that this bike draws a lot more attention than my black one ever did so it obviously stands out.
Great choice 40XC...Those colors look great in the pic, I can imagine they really pop in person :cool:
My HDs were always black(either vivid or denim) no one ever commented on them, never thought much about this, I guess they were just lost in the crowd.
On the other hand, the metal-flake Sunset Red on my XC seems to always grab attention. People talk to me about this bike and never fail to make positive comments on its color.

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
nothing like a splash of colour!....I've always had black bikes, both shiny and flat blacks, a lot had black motors too, almost every shirt I owned was black.
With my Victory Vegas I broke out of the black and got into the metallic irridescent sparkly dark blue...and love it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Those are sweet graphics but 649.00 is definitely out of my price range

This kit is expensive but I think it transformed the black bike it's on. I think the owner is a member here.

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
Those are sweet graphics but 649.00 is definitely out of my price range
Then paint definitely is too unless you are proficient in prepping and painting.

They have many lower cost kits that look good too. On a black bike you will want to find something bright or light like red or silver. I've posted a pic of mine many times but if you haven't seen it you can see how much of a difference the red made. Oddly it looks orange against the blue but red on its own.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bbob, that looks really nice. Graphics from the same place above?

Dont get me wrong, the flames look really good. I just personally could not shell out that much money for stick on graphics. Gotta get me some cams first :)

·
Premium Member
13,702 Posts
Bbob, that looks really nice. Graphics from the same place above?

Dont get me wrong, the flames look really good. I just personally could not shell out that much money for stick on graphics. Gotta get me some cams first :)
Oh; I completely understand priorities. You can see the various kits at the link below. They have many more than when I bought mine which looks to be the least expensive now. I think the contrast is the key thing.

http://www.autotrimdesign.net/mfg-su...mID=-1&Format=

·
13,235 Posts
shanko

You must have a pin striper in your town or hot rod car painter. See them tell them how much you can spend and see what they can sagest for you. Don't let them set the price you set the price.
Even go to some car web sites looking for paint color combinations

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not really into pinstripes. I've got guys that paint so it's just trying to determine a color. I might plasti-dip it first to see what color I like since it looks so easy to peel off.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just went from from a black bike to this. Black & gold rush (as they call it). Kind of a silvery pewter color. I really like it and it's refreshing from all black for 4 years. I think the light color would look great also with the black if it was a little more of a beige color. I have already noticed on a recent trip that this bike draws a lot more attention than my black one ever did so it obviously stands out.
I like it.
Nice looking paint. Looks factory. Very clean.
thumb up

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Then paint definitely is too unless you are proficient in prepping and painting.

Love what you have done with your bike. What handlebars do you have on her? Those are spectacular. thumb up

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
What about plastidip?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4NUjVh3zTA
It comes in spray cans from amazon or locally from box stores. Perhaps lowes or Home Depot.
There are a bunch of instructional videos on youtube giving instructions on how to do it.

It peels off if you don't like it as long as you think about what you are spraying first and mask accordingly.

If you don't like a particular color you can peel it off and spray on another color.

I won't break the bank either.

Once you get your colors down you can save your cash and have a professional job done with paint. In the mean time you have a coating over your bike to protect the original paint from chips and scratches.
Just a thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts