Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the forged bar (plastic chrome) caps painted pearl white to match my 2012 CCT. Before soliciting the local shops I thought I'd try to support a fellow Victory enthusiast. Please let me know if you're a painter who can get these done.

I read on another thread the pearl white may be a match for a 2010 Mazda 3. Anyone know if this is true?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Get in touch with member Goody2667. He has done quite a bit of painting for members here including myself.

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Registered
659 Posts
Those are relatively small parts. You may be able to paint them yourself using OEM rattle can paint.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent a message to Goody, thank you!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I sent out my black KewlMetal fork guards a year or so ago, for Goody to paint. Reasonable pricing, and a perfect match to the sparkly stock sunset red paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
You are better off calling or texting Goody... He isn't on here regularly. He does great work, highly recommended! He painted my chin spoiler.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I got his number if you need it .

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I got his number if you need it .
Man, it seems you have everyone's number today.

BTW, Ken and I had lunch at the Royal Diner in Brattleboro on Monday, on the way to Loudon. I would've let you know, but it was a last-minute decision.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
For small parts the Victory or ColorRite "rattle can" paints properly applied will do a very good job. Note I BOLDED "properly".

As an FYI, I was (in a former life so to speak) an auto body shop owner/operator and have done lot's of painting including rattle can stuff and one can produce a "professional" looking result when done PROPERLY on SMALLER PARTS.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Man, it seems you have everyone's number today.

BTW, Ken and I had lunch at the Royal Diner in Brattleboro on Monday, on the way to Loudon. I would've let you know, but it was a last-minute decision.
No problem , I hope you guys had some fun ! thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
For small parts the Victory or ColorRite "rattle can" paints properly applied will do a very good job. Note I BOLDED "properly".

As an FYI, I was (in a former life so to speak) an auto body shop owner/operator and have done lot's of painting including rattle can stuff and one can produce a "professional" looking result when done PROPERLY on SMALLER PARTS.
I agree , I use the Pure Polaris paint in the rattle can , has been beautiful so far and I use the Polaris flat clear over it . I couldn't be happier with the results .

·
Registered
426 Posts
Where or how would I go about finding the color and finish for the forks of my Vegas? The previous owner marred them up a bit transporting the bike somewhere. Would love to be able to make it right. I find the color P-266 Victory Cruiser Black but the forks are not shiny like the tank and such. I guess it's satin?

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
13,263 Posts
Where or how would I go about finding the color and finish for the forks of my Vegas? The previous owner marred them up a bit transporting the bike somewhere. Would love to be able to make it right. I find the color P-266 Victory Cruiser Black but the forks are not shiny like the tank and such. I guess it's satin?
you might need a "clear" coat wherever you buy pain from see if they have a 2 part epoxy clear. NAPA sells it

Reactions: Cali Phil

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
you might need a "clear" coat wherever you buy pain from see if they have a 2 part epoxy clear. NAPA sells it
If you buy and use a 2-part paint it's a great idea to wear a breathing mask as it's very hazardous to the lungs.
As mentioned above brilliant results can be achieved from a spray can provided the directions are strictly followed.
Best leave 2-pac to the experts.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Where do y'all get yer spray can polaris paint? I can't seem to locate any.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I painted the chin fairings last winter. The clear I used wasn't gloss enough and never really matched, plus it hasn't held up very well. There are some deep scratches and pocks in the finish. Since I'm keeping the XC they need a redo and there is a few small love marks elsewhere on the bike I want to take care of.
I'm ordering this kit.
https://www.amazon.com/TouchUpDirect-Victory-Exact-Match-Motorcycle-Touch-Up/dp/B00OYCP906/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1464776084&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=touchup+direct+sunset+red

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That's an awesome kit , should ensure a good match and durability . Good prep is the key !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts