Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Vic riders,

We have trouble finding Vic oil in Indonesia, so some people are using in there vic engines the following oil;

ADNOC 20W/50 as per attached picture

I am trying to convince them otherwise, but no luck yet.... My point of view:

I read all the oil treads and figured out the following 5 important points that HAS to be written on the oil can and on the picture no marking about any of the below points ;

1. It needs to state V-twin
2. It needs to state wet clutch
3. It needs to state JASO MA
4. It needs to state half synthetic
5. It needs to state 15W40

Please give me your input, and note we do not have Amsoil or Deeppurple and maybe even not have shell rotella T6

If there is NO more vic oil available would it be an option to run HD oil in a Victory ?? And what HD code I must look for??

I did find 1 oil that fits all the above criteria

FUCHS SILICONE COMP 4
SAE JASO MA2 API SG/SH/SJ
10W/30
10W/40
15W/50
20W/50
Synthetic four stroke engine oil various viscosities for engines with shared engine / gearbox and clutch lubrication

Hope you guys can help us victory riders at the other side of the world.

( i am sticking to Vic oil while it is still avaleble i still have 15 bottles stock in my house for now )

Andre

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
All you need to know ;
Synthetic Blend 20w-40 Designed for WET CLUTCHES With a JASO-MA Rating....thumb up..

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is what i thought ... But the oil above does not mention ANY of that information ...

And i have a hard time explaining that here ....

Any oil will do when 3 of the 5 points then it should be ok ... But the oil on the picture does not say any of the wetclutch , etc

And some of the vic riders are putting this in there engines because vic oil is difficult to get here ?

·
Registered
632 Posts
As the saying goes; Any port in a storm, ;

The Harley oil is a little thick but where your at the temps don't drop low enough to worry about that..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
As inexpensive as Rotella is I would consider having it shipped to you. 15/40 semi is the blend they use I think. Otherwise the new Amsoil 20/40 is what I would consider having shipped. you could run that oil up to 7000 miles if you had to which is a consideration towards the cost of operation. I don't know **** from shiola about you oil there other than you need a JASO MA/MA2 oil and you will be fine. 5/40 10/40 or 20/50 for motorcycles or diesel is ok if that's all you have locally.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Yes that is what i thought ... But the oil above does not mention ANY of that information ...

And i have a hard time explaining that here ....

Any oil will do when 3 of the 5 points then it should be ok ... But the oil on the picture does not say any of the wetclutch , etc

And some of the vic riders are putting this in there engines because vic oil is difficult to get here ?
You said its JASO MA...that's wet clutch compatability

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
FUCHS SILICONE COMP 4
SAE JASO MA2 API SG/SH/SJ
10W/30
10W/40
15W/50
20W/50
Synthetic four stroke engine oil various viscosities for engines with shared engine / gearbox and clutch lubrication
Although it does not have the words "Wet Clutch", the above words mean the same.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok i am learning a lot from your comments...

But the oil i disagree with is ADNOC 20W50 as per picture and there is NO mentioning of any JASO MA of any kind ??

Does that really means wet clutch ?? Learn something every day ....

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Ok i am learning a lot from your comments...

But the oil i disagree with is ADNOC 20W50 as per picture and there is NO mentioning of any JASO MA of any kind ??

Does that really means wet clutch ?? Learn something every day ....
Confusion here the FUCHS properties listed...the photo of the oil bottle....is that the same oil? the pic is the FUCHS (JASO MA)
or is the ADNOC something different

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Okay guys my bad

The questions is about the picture 20W50 . ADNOC
It does not state ANY property of JASO MA or V-twin or even not synthetic or not ??
That is the oil in question, there is nothing written on the oil bottle that i recognize that is good for our V-twin engines ....

And i am trying to explain to the salesman here that this adnoc oil is maybe very good for other engines but not for Victory because of the 5 points above NOT being mentioned on the oil can ?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Found a company website for the oil.

http://www.adnoc.co.id/products/
Found this description of the oil in question:

Description
4T-4 Stroke Engine Oil is multigrade (20W/50) superior lubricating oil developed specifically for large motorcycle four-stroke gasoline working under severe duty conditions.

Application
4T-4 Stroke Engine Oil is highly recommended 4 Stroke motor engines such as Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha and other motor cycles.

Advantage
Having stable viscosity both a low and high temperatures.
Prevents wet clutch slippage.
Excellent oxidations stability under exposure to high operating temperature.
Keeping engine clean and providing excellent protection against piston deposit formation.
Providing optimum protection against rust and keeping engine parts from wear.
Keeping motor engine operate much better so that transmission friction is made as minimum as possible.
Protect vital gear & clutch componenet to extend its service life.

It does not mention Jaso ma anywhere but since that is an American standard???? Maybe, that isn't as important as where it says it is designed for motors where the clutch runs in engine oil.

Rotella is a diesel oil but fortunately it is approved for use in some allison transmission as a substitute for Allison C4 transmission fluid.(http://www.utxchange.com/pdfs/C4_Approved_Oil_GN3465EN.pdf)
That's probably why it has the JASO MA certification.
That is kind of off subject though.

If I had a choice of running old dirty Polaris oil or fresh clean 20-50 that was designed for a wet clutch. I would opt for the fresh clean 20-50.
It is pretty hot there isn't it? If it is the 20/50 shouldn't be a problem.

I'd change my oil more often for a lot of reasons. But if the price is right that might not be an issue.
You can feel when an oil begins to break down by rubbing it between your finger tips. Not very scientific but you will definitely be able to tell if an oil is breaking down that way. When it starts to loose it's slickness it's time to dump it.

If this were American oil and you had access to a full synthetic oil that was JASO MA in the proper weight range you could simply mix them 1 qt of SYN to 3 quarts of this stuff and you'd have a semi synthetic.
All American motor oils are compatible unless they state otherwise on the label.
However this oil isn't sold in the US to my knowledge so it may not be completely compatible with other oils.
Pretty much have to use it as sold or contact the manufacturer and ask if it can be mixed safely with a full synthetic. Makes it a little tougher for you.

I'm no oil engineer. I've gone to lubrication schools, a couple, but not for vehicles. So do your homework.
It's your bike and ultimately your going to be paying to fix it.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow .... Now this is the reason i post my questions on this website .... All kind of opinions then it makes it easier to make a choice ....
So the ADNOC oil is for wet clutch..... When i asked the guy he did not know anything ... And the oil bottle did not state anything but the website does because of your POST .... See below a second non asia website below for comparison ... Always good to compare ?

http://ezyinfotechbd.com/adnoc/?&SingleProduct=17

The websites does not state if it is semi or full synthetic ... So are you saying that if it would be full synthetic then it would be an option to blend it ? If the sales guy could assist. Ha ha

I still have 15 bottles of vic oil and can ONLY ride 7000 Km before the oil goes "bad" so i cannot make 8000 Km as per manual ...
I know this because i did every 3000 Km oil analysis and from now on i will change oil at 7000 or 6500 Km standard .. Better safe then sorry

Maybe because it is soooo &%$# hot here ... And a lot of shifting gear as i live on a island ...

I ordered 10 box of Vic oil so that should be enough to last 4 victory or Indian bikes for another year of changes..if it ever arrives pffff. But that is besides the point ... The original question and concern of ADNOC oil is answered by you that it is for wet clutches ...... So i can tell the vic riders who uses this oil that it is not harmful for there engines

Thank you so so much for all you guys helping other vic riders ...

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
... So are you saying that if it would be full synthetic then it would be an option to blend it ? If the sales guy could assist. Ha ha
No.
I think it is not a synthetic.
In America all automotive oils are compatible. We can take any brand sold in the US of synthetic and mix it with any brand of non synthetic oil and it will be safe to run.
That is because in America the largest single user of motor oils in the government. They can not buy oils that are non compatible with each other by regulation. No oil refiner ( manufacturer ) wants to not be able to sell their oil to the government so they make them all compatible with every other oil. So they can sell to the largest buyer, the government.

This oil ADNOC is not sold in the US. It might be mixable with other oils or it might not. Only the company who manufactures it would know if it is completely compatible with other companies oils.

You must ask the manufacturer if it is compatible with another oil, a synthetic for instance first. If it is a synthetic and is JASO MA, you could upgrade this oil to a semi synthetic yourself. It isn't a perfect solution but it does improve the usefulness of the oil.

But if you can't get to someone in the company who refined it who knows, then I would NOT mix it with another brands synthetic.

You would first have to have found a synthetic in Indonesia that is jaso ma rated. I'd check with a heavy diesel repair shop. Big trucks, cranes, mining equipment. They may have some full synthetic motor oils that they use in some of the transmissions of their trucks. There is a link in the last post to a list of oils rated for Alison transmissions. All of the motor oils that are on that list should be JASO MA oils. It isn't likely that they would be on that list if they did not meet that spec. Some of those oils maybe available in Indonesia and if they are a motor oil, and in the 15-40 range, and a synthetic, AND the refiner of the adnoc oil says there is no problem mixing with that synthetic oil. Then you could safely mix in a quart of that syn oil plus the other quarts of ADNOC oil and you would have a semi synthetic oil with all the better properties you get for that.

Personally I would probably just use the ADNOC and change it whenever it started to loose it's slickness.

I hope it is more clear what I was trying to say.
I'm off to bed but I will check this thread in the morning.cheers

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Joe, and all others for your good and worthy response that are helping others ....

Andre

1 - 14 of 14 Posts