Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a left over '09 King Pin 8 Ball. Beautiful, black, and marked down. Salesman told me $11,400.00 out the door. Do you think he can do better ? Or is this a good deal for a three year old bike ?

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
These are rarely good deals IMHO. the dealer sits on the bike for 3 years and then wants you to take the hit. Kelly blue book retail for an 09' is $9500, you could probably find one with a few thousand miles on it for less that has some extras on it. The minute you take possession of that bike, it's worth no more than all the rest of the used 09's out there. With all that said, it may be worth it to you to have that spanking new 09' but consider spending a bit more for the current model year or beating them down some more.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2009/victory/kingpin-8_ball/251352/

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yea but that was used, New doesnt have the retail drop. whats the MSRP on a 2009 KP? I paid $8k from a dealer for my vegas 8-ball a 2008 w/ 500 miles and RPW pipes/S&S aircleaner. Sense then i've added close to $2k in accessories. Including -Pegs, Hard bags, HID's, Bullet headlight, Victory Flamed Gunslinger seat, Tach and a PCV w/ autotune (waiting for arrival)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Good deal for a new bike, i would just find one used and spend $3k less..
For all practical purposes the bike is a 3 year old used bike, it was a new bike back in the Fall of 08'. The 2012 bikes are on the floor now with the 13's not that far off. Sweet bike, just don't over pay for it. Betting you can find an 09' with just a few thousand miles, stage 1, pipes, backrest, etc., etc. for less.

Here's one I found on my first search with under 2000 miles for 9k asking price, could probably get it down more.
http://classiccars.com/listing/253108.html

·
Registered
283 Posts
For all practical purposes the bike is a 3 year old used bike, it was a new bike back in the Fall of 08'. The 2012 bikes are on the floor now with the 13's not that far off. Sweet bike, just don't over pay for it. Betting you can find an 09' with just a few thousand miles, stage 1, pipes, backrest, etc., etc. for less.
Except Victory Warranties, titles and sells this bike as new. Practically used, but legally new.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Speaking from experience (bought a new '09 in the fall of '10) look for a new '10 8-ball because of the 6 speed tranny vs the 5.
No complaints really with the 5 spd as she'll run all afternoon at 70 no problem.
Mine had stage 1, shorty pipes, solo luggage rack and mini-shield dealer installed and got it for just about 12K.

Correction: 6 speed tranny wasn't until '11 on the KP 8's

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
No one mentioned the fact that this bike has been sitting for 3 years. That's really hard on anything. Seals and gaskets could be dried out. Battery for sure needs to be replaced. Tires may be dried out. I'd pass on this and look for a good used low mile bike with a lot of the stuff you want to do to it already done for less money. Don't be afraid of the earlier 92 ci bikes either. They have a reputation of being bullet proof more than the newer Freedom motors. Has to do with the trans and the extra 1.5 quart's of oil it holds.

An 04 or 05 would be perfect and you can find them for $6k with low miles (under 20k miles).

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies, guys. I am actually paying cash for it, if I were to get it. I have shopped a little, and found a new 2012 Vegas 8 Ball for 11,600, and a new Highball for 12,500 ! SO I'm going to see what kind of price I can get these for, by waving some cash at them. If they drop, and I suspect they will, I will use this as leverage on the '09. Wish me luck !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Remember, he said $11,400 out the door. Thats with all taxes and costs in. I'm guessing the dealer is so anxious to sell, he will take less. Also, this is a NEW bike with a full warranty. I have a Kingpin and I believe they are the best kept secret in the Victory line. Kingpins are a great ride. Another point, that Kingpin is the only 8 Ball I have ever seen with chrome exhaust. Thats a question I would ask. If it were me, I would prefer the chrome over the black exhaust.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Remember, he said $11,400 out the door. Thats with all taxes and costs in. I'm guessing the dealer is so anxious to sell, he will take less. Also, this is a NEW bike with a full warranty. I have a Kingpin and I believe they are the best kept secret in the Victory line. Kingpins are a great ride. Another point, that Kingpin is the only 8 Ball I have ever seen with chrome exhaust. Thats a question I would ask. If it were me, I would prefer the chrome over the black exhaust.
Here is a link to a google search that shows quite a few 8 balls with chrome exhaust.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kingpin+8+ball&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=Zzp&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=VCqAT4eVAeu10QHVlvyOCA&ved=0CFIQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=566

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looks like the last year of the KP 8, 2011 they went to the 6 spd and black exhaust.
Too bad they dropped a couple of the 8-ball models for 2012.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thanks for the replies, guys. I am actually paying cash for it, if I were to get it. I have shopped a little, and found a new 2012 Vegas 8 Ball for 11,600, and a new Highball for 12,500 ! SO I'm going to see what kind of price I can get these for, by waving some cash at them. If they drop, and I suspect they will, I will use this as leverage on the '09. Wish me luck !
EXACTLY, you see that you can get a bike 3 model years newer for the same money and that's why these older "new" bikes are a bad deal.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I found this today. Left over 2011 Kingpin. 13,400.00 OTD.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Like someone else said recently, buy used and get a bike with many accessories for less $.
I just picked up a very nice 08 KP Tour with a Lindby bar, Stage 1 kit, Tach kit and other chrome extras for $9600 and got a good trade on top of it for my 12 year old vstar...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts