Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i got the PCV and it has fuel motos map preloaded with some minor adjustments, i feel like the engine is running rich. looking for some opinions on the values these should be set at. i feel like some are set to high in the lower rpm and throttle ranges. My mods are in my sig.

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Those are pretty high settings at zero throttle. Normally 0 to 5. Are you getting any back fire or farting?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it does sometimes

·
Registered
139 Posts
I dont have anything to contribute but before buying a fuel controller its nice to see what the setup looks like, thanks for the screenshot

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Find a good dyno tuner and your problems will all be solved. There are 250 cells on that table... every 250 rpm and 9 throttle positions... separate table for each cylinder... Believe me, you can't seat-of-the-pants tune that.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Find a good dyno tuner and you problems will all be solved. There are 250 cells on that table... every 250 rpm and 9 throttle positions... separate table for each cylinder... Believe me, you can't seat-of-the-pants tune that.
correct...I watched Steve at Powerhouse go thru every step of the tune thru a window in the dyno booth...VERY comprehensive.
then when he had it close he ran it up to the limiter, made some more fine adjustments, ran it up again. a few more adjustments, then on the third run he was happy...still wanted me to ride it before paying him, and told me to bring it back if it needs a bit more put in or taken out anywhere...
worth every cent

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i planned on having it dynoed but was going to wait until the Rally in Georgia and have it done down there. I found a local guy and he wants 250.00 to dyno tune it. seems like alot but im not sure?

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
The 10s and 15s at 0 throttle posisition help with decel pop and what half_crazy said find a tuner.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im just going to buy the Auto Tune.seems like the better money than spending it on a dyno.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I have the at, you still need to get it set right, $250 for the dyno isnt bad. With the at you still need to set the proper af ratios, it doesnt do it for you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
im just going to buy the Auto Tune.seems like the better money than spending it on a dyno.
The at is a great option if you don't have a great tuner in your area but it does have limitations. If you want the most possible out of the machine then you should do a dyno tune with someone very skilled and proficient. If you want the bike to run greatly and have the ability to add components and not have to shell money out for the dyno then the at is great. Something to keep in mind with the at...you need to research and become very familiar with what it does and doesn't do. It is not a plug and play everything is peachy tool. You still have to put in the info needed which means you need to know what you are doing. A lot of guys will just throw out a number for an air fuel ratio and call it good when in fact there is a lot more to it. Be honest about what you are trying to accomplish over all and don't skimp getting there.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
i planned on having it dynoed but was going to wait until the Rally in Georgia and have it done down there. I found a local guy and he wants 250.00 to dyno tune it. seems like alot but im not sure?
Thats good, mine was $400 plus $400 to supply and fit the PCV.
$800 all up.
Money well spent I reckon,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts