Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm thinking about buying this faring for my XR. I know they are sold for HD Road King. Does anyone here have already do it and is it hard to fit ? If you have pics, it will be appreciated, thanks !

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already see that and I love the look ! Just wonder how is it to fit it on the bike. I guess it should be easy

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Probably just have to fab some brackets that line up with your windshield mounts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had one on my Vegas it used the mini winsheild mounting brackets from victory for quick release. Call Arlen ness that's what I did

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Share some pics if you get it, would love to see it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fairing ordered ! My shop is not heated so I'll shared some pics when I'll install it !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Nice XS2 you got in your garage mate!
Another XS 650 fan here.
Sold my last one (TX650) reluctantly to help finance a cash buy of my Victory Vegas.

·
Premium Member
13,657 Posts
Nice XS2 you got in your garage mate!
Another XS 650 fan here.
Sold my last one (TX650) reluctantly to help finance a cash buy of my Victory Vegas.
My first street bike was a Yammy XS 650 I bought brand new in Hawaii while stationed there. Great bike for sure. Yes, a Triumph/BSA clone, but still an excellent machine on its own.

·
13,188 Posts
Memphis Shades might have fairing mounts or even JP Cycle
am sure you can find some

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
My first street bike was a Yammy XS 650 I bought brand new in Hawaii while stationed there. Great bike for sure. Yes, a Triumph/BSA clone, but still an excellent machine on its own.

@BBob, yes my first real streetbike was also an XS650 (1979 XS650SF),
previous had been an early AT2 Yamaha 125cc motocross machine (trail bike really) purely used off-road, and a Honda C50 that I took on a long tour which died after a few hundred miles of merciless thrashing:devil

A blatant Triumph/BSA/Norton clone for sure, yet when new it didn't leak oil, and could outperform the Brits in every area except handling (tending to weave a bit up around the ton)
To me they were the epitome of motorcycling, they looked sounded, and performed like a real motorcycle, for less money, and they had street cred.
They had a kickstart, and vibrated, a mans machine!...it took balls and bravado to ride one hard.
Basic construction meant routine maintenance and tuning could be performed by the owner, and with 750 kits, cams and carb upgrades they were a force to be reckoned with in their day.
Very successful in the hands of Kenny Roberts on the dirt flat tracks over there.
Over the years Ive owned a succession of models, ironically going backwards in time to XS2 x2, XS1B, XS650 x2 , TX650 x2,
on the lookout for another at the right price (they're quite sought after these days and a decent one needs good money)

·
Registered
536 Posts
subscribed to the thread..... i liked this fairing on the Ness Custom Cross Roads that I have found online. When I emailed Ness about the fairing they confirmed that you had to fab up some of your own brackets.. i keep my eyes on ebay quite frequently for one and was thinking of trying to reuse the factory crossroads windshield mount or possibly trying to find the brackets they use for the batwing fairing for the crossroads and see if either of those could be modified easy enough without a welder or anything like that.

will be keeping my eye on your progress though!!! can't wait to see the finished product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts