Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting a new windscreen for along time. Thinking about pulling the trigger. Saw a black XC w/ Vstream and it looked good. Any input? 6' tall if that helps at all. I'm hoping that with a new windscreen and triple tree deflector, the buffeting will frig off lol. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had a v-stream but went to a Baggershield because it wasn't tall enough to get the wind over my head. I am 6'3". I will say though that the Vstream looks dang good on the bike.

·
13,185 Posts
look into Madstad windshield
Pain just put one on and loves it

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a v-stream but went to a Baggershield because it wasn't tall enough to get the wind over my head. I am 6'3". I will say though that the Vstream looks dang good on the bike.

Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
426 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,655 Posts
Here is mine with the Madstad brackets and the tallest VStream they make for the XC. You can see it almost disappears on the bike but it works well and has less head shake around big rig tractor trailers. The others with the tinted shield is included for comparison to how the flip shield might look with the same Madstad brackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I'm hoping that with a new windscreen and triple tree deflector, the buffeting will frig off lol. Thanks in advance!
Isn't that the crazy brackets?
It is the "crazy brackets" lol ....If you want to kill the buffeting, a triple tree defector and a Madstad windshield is the best setup available....Take this from someone that has tried everything ;)
I'm 6' tall also and have excellent coverage using the 9" shield even though Madstad recommends and 11" for our height

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is the "crazy brackets" lol ....If you want to kill the buffeting, a triple tree defector and a Madstad windshield is the best setup available....Take this from someone that has tried everything ;)

I'm 6' tall also and have excellent coverage using the 9" shield even though Madstad recommends and 11" for our height

Damnit! Lol. I'm just not a fan. Maybe if I ride a bike with the set up I'd change my mind. I appreciate the input tho!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Damnit! Lol. I'm just not a fan. Maybe if I ride a bike with the set up I'd change my mind. I appreciate the input tho!
So where are you located...?

If you get a regular windshield and a triple tree deflector, these will do a decent job.
But then you should never ride a Madstad equipped bike, so you'll never have to know what you're missing :wink

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So where are you located...?

If you get a regular windshield and a triple tree deflector, these will do a decent job.

But then you should never ride a Madstad equipped bike, so you'll never have to know what you're missing :wink

I'm in northwest Indiana! Do you know if the guy on the forum is still selling them for the non-abs bikes? I have his email around here somewhere

·
Registered
4,078 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

You're not alone. I tried the brackets with 2 different shields...saw little or no difference. For me, it was more of a gimmick and look BUTT ugly on the bike and messes the "lines" up completely. In a similar fashion to the heat in the box due to venting on the bike which I just eventually got used to...same thing with what buffeting (if there was much at all) and now the only time I notice any buffeting is when a storms rolls in and the winds get high.

Get a custom REGULAR shield whether it be the V-stream or a Cee Bailey's (what I have)...and have it custom fitted (cut) to the size you want and then be done with it. I went from an 18" shield to a 15", and if I ever buy another one, it will be a 14" so I can more easily look over it during fog.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
You're not alone. I tried the brackets with 2 different shields...saw little or no difference. For me, it was more of a gimmick and look BUTT ugly on the bike and messes the "lines" up completely.

:ltr:

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
If you are more worried about how the windshield brackets look as opposed to how they function, then obviously you have different priorities. Personally, I like how it functions. I have had the Madstad on for about a month now and the difference is amazing.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Isn't that the crazy brackets?

Yes...they are ugly as mud, but if you don't care about that, then trying one. I wouldn't own a bike with one of those things on it.

I hated the V-Stream and went with the Ness Flip. Absolutely love the Ness Flip...it along with the Goody's fork wings and my trips are smooth as silk.

You are never too old to have a happy childhood....I'm still trying.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes...they are ugly as mud, but if you don't care about that, then trying one. I wouldn't own a bike with one of those things on it.

I hated the V-Stream and went with the Ness Flip. Absolutely love the Ness Flip...it along with the Goody's fork wings and my trips are smooth as silk.

The V Stream just have too much buffeting?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
The V Stream just have too much buffeting?

It was too short for me, and put wind directly at my eyes. I'm 5'10.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah, the Madstad setup can be a little tough to get used to as far as looks. The concept definitely works, though. I had noticed my range of adjustment was about 1.25" tilt up and down, for town or interstate riding. Felt moving the shield closer to me and having brackets that were just large enough for my limited adjustment needs would be pretty cool. Made new upper brackets first, rode for a month, then new lower brackets. The bottom pic shows position change when all done. Made the look much more acceptable to me. Btw, the gap under the shield on the bottom pic is about the minimal gap you can go before the Madstad effect starts to diminish. Also, one con about the Madstad that I don't see mentioned much is the extra airflow is noisier. Drowns out the stereo quite a bit. Didn't realize it until I started experimenting with other windshields and no brackets. It was like I did a stereo upgrade. I could hear music!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts