Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Ness Gas Cap today and the instructions says the small o ring is already installed on the base. I believe that is the tiny one for the venting I guess. Then it says lay the large one supplied around the fuel opening. There is one already on the bottom the base is that what they are talking about? it seems to be glued on also. There is also one on the cap side but I think that one needs to stay on the cap part.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Dave...I can provide HALF the help. The big rubber gasket DOES go on the cap itself. As for the smaller O ring...I would have to take the cap off in order to see it and...actually, I'm just too lazy to do that....LOL

If you need me to still do that...I can go ahead and look.

Wally

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mine was exactly how you describe. I figured the large one was already in place
Have not had any issues with mine installed ,as is, from the package

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave...I can provide HALF the help. The big rubber gasket DOES go on the cap itself. As for the smaller O ring...I would have to take the cap off in order to see it and...actually, I'm just too lazy to do that....LOL

If you need me to still do that...I can go ahead and look.

Wally
Wally,
Thanks for your reply, after looking at it there is really only one way it can go so I went ahead and installed it. I got the chrome one and looks so much better. Won't know if its wrong till the next time I fill up with gas I guess. Thanks for the offer to dismantle but I hear what your saying and I feel the same way.
Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was exactly how you describe. I figured the large one was already in place
Have not had any issues with mine installed ,as is, from the package
Thanks grh450 that's good to hear. The instructions just confused me for a minute. I guess that's why I usually don't read them. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts