Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone here has put these on their bike yet and how difficult it was and what was all involved. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i saw that post and video. VERY helpful, but i guess i was more wondering about if and what cable extensions are needed with the modular apes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah i saw that post and video. VERY helpful, but i guess i was more wondering about if and what cable extensions are needed with the modular apes.
I keep eyeing these apes too. I don't remember which forum it was (and I can't find my PMs) but I had asked another rider that had them if he had to buy longer cables....he said he did not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man if you could find that itd be great. I called Ness and they dont seem to have a definite answer and i hate to spend the extra money if its not needed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Found it!:
I really like them. Used stock cables did have to alter (cut) the cruise control bracket. Just did 1200 miles in 3 days, from home to Colorado and back. They were great.
------------------------------------------------------

Was reading a thread about the HMD XC Bagger bars and saw your posts about the Ness modular apes. How do you like the Ness ones? Were you able to use your stock cables, or did you have to also buy those?

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome! Thanks man! Any idea what he meant about the cruise bracket? Did he elaborate? Again thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nope, that was the extent of our conversation. After that happened I found out I had to get some orthodontic work done on my son so that's where my money is being directed right now. Ugh. Apes will have to wait a few months I'm afraid. :mad:

(I also sent you a PM)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if i can keep on track i hope to do them in the next few months. Ill keep you updated as it goes :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well if i can keep on track i hope to do them in the next few months. Ill keep you updated as it goes :)
Yes, please do! My hope is that someday I'll get a set of those, and when that time comes I'll probably need some help. :D

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I have had these bars on for a couple months and like them, they do put you in more forward riding position if you have a short reach and or like a more leaned back riding position you may not care for them so much as they don't have a lot of pullback. The install wasn't that bad just take your time, stock cables and wires work fine for these bars.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had these bars on for a couple months and like them, they do put you in more forward riding position if you have a short reach and or like a more leaned back riding position you may not care for them so much as they don't have a lot of pullback. The install wasn't that bad just take your time, stock cables and wires work fine for these bars.
Where at in Iowa are you? Can I come try them out? :rolleyes:

Did you have to do anything with the cruise control mount or anything?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha, ya beat me to my question feisty ;-) were the radio and cruise controls all mounted back up no problem?

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
modular bars

You guys are more than welcome to check them out, although you guys are quite a distance from me. I live in Charles City Ia, north central part of the state. As far as handle bar controls everything fits fine, there is one minor mod they suggest for the little bracket that your cruze controls mount to which involves a little grinding or cutting not a big deal explained in the directions that come with the bars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I did it today. Ordered the modular apes and some grips. Ill update when they're on ;-)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Get them on yet?

·
Registered
690 Posts
To the comment "they don't have much pull back".... Can't you adjust them back at the bottom of the uprights ? That is the intent of them being modular, right ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YES!! finally got them on last weekend. Luckily my buddies dad is a retired mechanic and has a heated FULLY loaded garage for us to work in. They went on pretty easily. no real issues to speak of. And they feel awesome. Put a little more strain on my shoulders from pullin my arms a little more forward, BUT They put my back in a much better upright position, which is totally a worthwhile tradeoff. Not to mention the fact that you look WAY more badass riding with them!!! ;-) Overall feels way more stable and controlled for riding.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts