Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search but only found a few responses. I have a 2011 8ball vegas that I want to change out the filter/airbox. I know the llyodz or s&s are the best but does anyone have the ness one? Is it just a replacement filter or do you replace the box like the other 2? Not looking for a ton more power with the change just a few more ponies. Thanks

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I just installed one on my Hammer over the weekend. Big improvement over the stock airbox with a K&N filter in it. And yes you need to remove the airbox it is not a drop in like the K&N.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Tried to search but only found a few responses. I have a 2011 8ball vegas that I want to change out the filter/airbox. I know the llyodz or s&s are the best but does anyone have the ness one? Is it just a replacement filter or do you replace the box like the other 2? Not looking for a ton more power with the change just a few more ponies. Thanks
I have the older Ness on my V92 and it is friggin amazing the differnce it will make. Don't mess around replacing the stock filter with the performance K&N, just get that box out! After I bouth my Ness, I did my digging around and would go with the Lloydz myself for the future but then again everyone has an opinion. Not sure what thread I posted some stuff in from Lloydz and VicBulder but Lloydz is supposed to provide better managment of the turbulance in the filter and down both throats of the TB's. Again, its here in one of the filter threads.

Don't be worried about difficulty cutting the airbox out. Dremmel tool with a sheetrock bit worked great for me. Like surgery. Ensure you pull the cover plate and put a clean cloth in the TB throat to keep the debris out or if you have a 2nd set of hands a shopvac while cutting would work nice too. It cuts like butter so watch the frame and wiring as mentioned. Sensors unclip and clip right into both the filter assemblys. I don't think you wll be disappointed in either one you get, you will love the sound of that thing gulping air as you crack the throttle.

·
Registered
545 Posts
OK well here's another question on the subject. Will an 08-12 ness work on a 99. It appears to be the same. Just asking. If it won't I'm about to just make my own intake because this stuff costs WAY to much. Have not paid this much for truck parts.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Yes, would be good to see a dyno comparison, or 1/4 mile times comparing various intake mods before shelling out the buck$
Sounds to me like anything is better than the standard airbox,
wonders why the airbox is so restrictive even with the K&N insert filter?

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Thanks HC...suspected as much, think Ill go with the Ness filter/airbox, as it suits my budget over the expensive TT's, and get a PC.V with the difference:)

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
OK the Ness filter/airbox is ordered, the Lloydz timing wheel is coming,
once fitted up its power commander V and a dyno tune, possible auto-tune

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Ketis...on ebay, here's the link, there's 2 left after I bought mine.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191019521398?item=191019521398&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:AU:3160&vxp=mtr
I'm presuming they're cheaper than the S&S item cos they're not shiny.
Got enough bling on my Vegas already and I can't really see how the top of the airbox/filter is visible anyway.
The change from what TT's would have cost will buy me a P.C.V.
My car runs a K&N filter so I have the recharge kit already.
Off to the Post Office later to see if the timing gizmo is in.
About to get a Pirelli Night Dragon fitted to the front as well, just gotta buy a 14mm Allen wrench to liberate the front wheel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im a little hesitant to buy this since it says it only fits 08-10.

Mine is a 2013, any idea if the guy just doesn't know that it will fit the newer ones?

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
mines a ten but cant see why it wouldnt fit a 12

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I have that box on my 13 8ball. You will want to move the crank breather hose a bit to get the best fit. It is a hell of an improvement. You will also want to cut and take off the rubber from the bottom of the intake where the gasket goes. Make sure it is as smooth as possible.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I have that box on my 13 8ball. You will want to move the crank breather hose a bit to get the best fit. It is a hell of an improvement. You will also want to cut and take off the rubber from the bottom of the intake where the gasket goes. Make sure it is as smooth as possible.
@lykoi..."a hell of an improvement" that's just what I wanted to hear, and thanks for the fitment tips....read my workshop manual on a disc as to fuel tank removal, probably be a piece of cake once Ive done it a couple of times.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
two bolts on the steering neck behind the rubber covers and one bolt just in-between the seat and tank. The hardest parts are disconnecting the fuel line at the t behind the iav and disconnecting the two tank breather hoses. Then the fun begins cutting the old box out...TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THIS. Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ketis...on ebay, here's the link, there's 2 left after I bought mine.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191019521398?item=191019521398&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OC:AU:3160&vxp=mtr
I'm presuming they're cheaper than the S&S item cos they're not shiny.
Got enough bling on my Vegas already and I can't really see how the top of the airbox/filter is visible anyway.
The change from what TT's would have cost will buy me a P.C.V.
My car runs a K&N filter so I have the recharge kit already.
Off to the Post Office later to see if the timing gizmo is in.
About to get a Pirelli Night Dragon fitted to the front as well, just gotta buy a 14mm Allen wrench to liberate the front wheel.

Well, the ebay seller says they are no longer available!
DOH!

Were you able to find them anywhere else? I cant find one of these online at all!

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Well, the ebay seller says they are no longer available!
DOH!

Were you able to find them anywhere else? I cant find one of these online at all!
double DOH!....I had a feeling as soon as I put the link up they'd get snavelled up....maybe I should've bought the lot.
(or PM'd you)

there was only 2 left when I put the link up, I'm glad I stopped procrastinating and bought mine when I did :)

Alternative could be the Ness Big Sucker,
Try doing a search for it.
I originally found it by doing a search under 'Victory Motorcycle' on eBay

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts