Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... Was in the market for a touring bike and had not really considered a Victory. I came across someone who desparately needed to sell a 2007 Jackpot so I figured what the heck. I can always sell it right? I have had it for 2 weeks and took it for about a 100 mile spin over the weekend and WOW!! Had no idea it would be this much fun.... I am a Jackpot junkie now and have already started with the mods. The only bad part is I am not very handy (I work with a calculator) so I have to pay to get most stuff done but I will be taking a stab at cleaning the throttle bodies. Wish me luck and super glad I discovered Victorycheers

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forums. Was just saying would like to add a Jackpot or Hammer to the stable one day... hehehe Good group here that can help you with about anything so feel free to ask. TB's are not hard to clean at all. Get a pic up and update your sig when you get a chance and looking forward to the ride reports... hehe

Safe Ridin

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

When I picked up a Hammer this summer it had 8000 miles and that cleaning had never been done. I had to turn the idle way down after as it ran so much better.

I followed this great how to and it was surprisingly easy. I used some Carb-Out gun cleaner soaked onto a section of old tshirt with a wooden dowel to get some reach and it worked wonderfully. I personally didn't want to spray anything directly into the throttle body.

http://www.thebikersgarage.com/victory-throttle-body-cleaning/

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome from another 'Jackpot Junkie'. I went in to buy a new Vegas 8 Ball last summer and ride off on a used JP.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!!! Metzler 260 was delivered today :). Taking it to the blue ridge mountains for the weekend. Will post pics next week

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Thanks everyone!!! Metzler 260 was delivered today :). Taking it to the blue ridge mountains for the weekend. Will post pics next week
Where & when. If the weather is good, I might get a group together for a ride to the BR myself on Saturday. Would be nice to meet up with other Victory riders

1 - 9 of 9 Posts