Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CruiserCustomizing could not find their asses if it was right in front of their faces.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Perhaps you could expand on that thought.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
...could not find their ASSES if it was right in front of their faces.
Are they selling their staff? And here I thought they sold parts for bikes. :ltr: But seriously, we would need more details to be capable of understanding your beef so do tell..cheers

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Expanded on Asses

I ordered a Kuryakyn trunk luggage rack and a T-Bag. The trunk rack was back order until Aug. It's in the catalog and back order til Aug., really!!!! When I cancelled the luggage rack, they sent the T-Bag, and did not credit my PayPal. Took them until now to find the cancellation and credit back my account, three weeks later. And they are rude and unappreciative. They suck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The key with Cruiser Customizing is to only order items that they actually have in stock. I ordered an item that showed an estimated ship date within 2 weeks from the time I placed the order. Over the course of the next few weeks they kept postponing the estimated ship date until I finally just cancelled my order. I placed my order in March and the item was supposed to ship at the beginning of April. It's now May and they still don't have the item in stock and the current estimated ship date is May 27. Had I not cancelled the order I'd have been waiting for the item for over 2 months and still no guarantee when it would arrive. When Cruiser Customizing says an item is "arriving soon" it's clearly open to a wide range of interpretation as to what "soon" actually means. Definitely not a good way to do business.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The key with Cruiser Customizing is to only order items that they actually have in stock. I ordered an item that showed an estimated ship date within 2 weeks from the time I placed the order. Over the course of the next few weeks they kept postponing the estimated ship date until I finally just cancelled my order. I placed my order in March and the item was supposed to ship at the beginning of April. It's now May and they still don't have the item in stock and the current estimated ship date is May 27. Had I not cancelled the order I'd have been waiting for the item for over 2 months and still no guarantee when it would arrive. When Cruiser Customizing says an item is "arriving soon" it's clearly open to a wide range of interpretation as to what "soon" actually means. Definitely not a good way to do business.
That sounds like one of those "marketing schemes" where they take an order from a customer and THEN they go out and try to negotiate the best deal they can. If they can't get some other company to give them the discount they need in order to be profitable, they simply push out the delivery date until they can find a deal. I've seen this before with "buying clubs" where they will do the shopping for you to get the best price and then they pocket the difference for their troubles. IMHO, that is NOT a way to buy or sell...EVER! Heck, if the lowest price was all that matter and if the time for delivery wasn't important, we could ALL do that research ourselves rather than using one of those types of companies, right?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've never had a problem with them, but I've never ordered anything that wasn't in stock, either. Good to know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have outfitted three bikes with them and never a hitch. And I live as way away from them as you can possibly get. Although my last order was not completed because Kewl Metals had them backordered. Certainly not CC fault if their suppliers to not ship in time. When my item was backordered they contacted me and explained the situation and let me decide how to proceed.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have outfitted three bikes with them and never a hitch. And I live as way away from them as you can possibly get. Although my last order was not completed because Kewl Metals had them backordered. Certainly not CC fault if their suppliers to not ship in time. When my item was backordered they contacted me and explained the situation and let me decide how to proceed.
Kewl Metal was my parts issue as well with CC, but they did not reach out to me. They just kept pushing the expected delivery date back every few weeks until I contacted them and cancelled the order. I also contacted Kewl Metal and they told me they weren't currently making the part and when I advised CC of that they said that was not the information they were told. Eventually, neither vendor was responding to my emails. There is definitely a lack of communication somewhere and customer service is lacking based upon my experience.

·
Registered
295 Posts
FWIW - I ordered a windshield from these guys a couple of weeks ago. They sent me an email on May 7 saying the estimated ship xat was May 13. I got the windshield on May 10. I was very satisified with them.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
30 days by law is all they have for ship date, can not charge your account unless it is shipped within 30 days. I do not like internet start ups that are front companies that sell for middle men. Just added cost. College drop outs trying to make a Bill Gates fast buck.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Looks to me unless is in Stock and ready will just steer away from them .. Have done pretty good with Other Supplers for both Victory and my FXR as well .. I do like to see posts about problems with a Vendor but read all the threads whether Good or Bad ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts