Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

I fell in love with the Vegas Low in 2008 when it first came out after seeing it at the annual motorcycle show in Atlanta, GA which I attending with my Victory lovin' father-in-law. It fit me perfectly - better than any other bike at the show; I am a bit vertically challenged.

At the time, I owned a 1992 Yamaha Seca II which I purchased new. Although, I was interested in switching to a cruiser, I could not justify the expense considering the amount I rode my Seca II.

Anyway, through the years, I watched the resale market. As the prices came down, I got more serious.

I finally found a great deal on a 2008 Vegas Low Premium on eBay being sold by a guy an hour from my father-in-law in Knoxville, TN. I bid on it and won. I was in shock. What had I done? I just bought a bike which I had never rode or even heard running - not just that specific bike - any Vegas.

My FIL was able to check out the bike, complete the transaction, and haul the bike home to his many garages. He cleaned it up a bit. When I was finally able to travel up to his house from Atlanta to get it, my first words were "It's beautiful!" I was even happier with my unseen purchase when I heard it running. And, riding it was even better!

I'll have to post pictures. It is in like-new condition and had only 1,500 miles or so. The Yamaha has moved on to a new owner who was amazed with its condition after 20 years and also that it was being sold by the original owner.

Now to figure out my next post, so I can post in the Parts Wanted forum as I need to get hold of Part# 2875349 - Passenger Pegs with Mounts.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll create my signature as soon as I am able to do so (after submitting 5 posts).

The first thing I had to do to the bike was convert it back to a Low model. The previous (2nd) owner had moved the controls forward like a regular Vegas which was not a good fit for me. Unfortunately, that meant buying a new shift linkage. The previous owner made the rookie mistake of allowing the dealership that made the modifications to the bike keep the old parts - exhaust, linkage, seat, and more. Dumb. Luckily, Honda East Toledo came through with some great prices, and I found a brand new stock Low seat on eBay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts