Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So about six month ago I go on the ride a Victory Day and ride the Cross bikes. Was smilin' the whole time but then went back to riding my 2 HD's. I wanted to bump up the power in my Night Train and the subject of Vic's came up on another forum so I looked into it some more and realized I could get a new Jackpot w/$6k off MSRP, make lower payments, get even more power w/warranty, and have a semi-bullet proof motor which is possible with the HD but not unless a complete tear down and rebuild is done.

I just want to ride. I'm getting tired of working on bikes all the time.

So I got this Jackpot. It's been above 110 degrees just about every day since I got and I had an out of town trip so it only has around 300 miles on it so far. I'll make some changes like the Stage 1 w/2-1 pipes I'm waiting on that was part of the deal and a cruise control to hopefully help me from getting too many tickets on the super slab.

I'll be reading the forum quite bit and studying my service manual when it gets here so I can do most or all of the work on the bike that's not warranteed which hopefully I won't need to do.

The bike just feels right. Just a little too quiet with the stock pipes on them. Oh and the dealer decided to make it a two tone since they had too many all black bikes on the floor.

I'll probably do something to give it less of a cop bike look sometime along the way.

This is what I traded in.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Btw; I was running a car tire on the Night Train.

Anyone here tried running a car tire on a Jackpot?

How many miles are people getting out of the 250mm Dunlop E3 back tire? If it's only 6 or 8k I'll probably put a CT on this one too.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Great bike. Personally I would leave it black and white. That was the first thing that caught my eye. I would build off of that. It IS unique!

I personally don't know of anyone darksiding on a Jackpot but it can be done. KevinX is our resident Victory Tech and all around knowledgable good guy.

Hopefully he'll chime in on JP darksiding. I just asked him about this 2 weeks ago he told me car tires won't hold a bead on my rims.

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hmmm ... I didn't think about the rim not built to handle the CT bead.

I think we talked about this over on the V-Twin forum. A sister forum to this one by the looks of both of them.

So how many miles are folks averaging on this 250mm tire?

I was thinking more about doing something with the side covers to blend in better. Still thinking about it. I like the uniqueness of this paint job too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congrats on the new JP...I too just picked up my '09 sunset red JP, added swept pipes and air intake, and have been grinning ever since. I agree, would keep you paint the same because it is unique. My red stands out in a crowd...I like it that way thumb up

·
Premium Member
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that if you like the style of pipes on your HD they make that same style for the Jackpot. RPWUSA!!!
I decided to go with the 2-1 Victory pipes made by Cobra (or so I'm told). Going for max power without changing cams, bore, etc. I think the 09 JP has Stage 2 cams from the factory.

I also want to be able to put some large quick disconnect saddlebags on for trips. Also will need a luggage rack and a windshield. Got to sell some HD parts first though. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts