Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up guys...
I have been using this forum alot for info so I thought to make a thread. I am mostly a sport bike rider, but ever since I took a trip to NC from MD, I knew I needed to get a cruiser. I enjoyed the trip on the sport bike, But i needed a cruiser if I was ever going to ride that far again.

I work at a BMW shop here in Millersville, MD. A customer of ours used to work at a bike shop where he had a 1999 Victory V92C standard cruiser that he wanted to sell for dirt cheap! But it had the famous transmission issues. 3rd and 4th gear are totally screwed. He gave me a deal I couldnt give up. So I bought it. The tires were completely dry rotted, So I spent the money to get new tires on it. He stated that he could ride it fine once in 5th gear. Once I got new tires on it, I took it out, and got up in 5th and I was cruising with no problem. The bike felt good, I really enjoyed it!!!.

Here is a picture of it!

Fathers day was right around the corner when I bought it, and My dad used to ride back when he was in Pakistan. He always wanted a cruiser so I gave it to him as a gift. I want to get it fixed so him and I can not only share the bike, but ride together.

So I called around to see what the tranny job will cost and its 3500. I think its a fair price given the labor and cost of tranny.

I am capable of doing it myself. But right now I am doing a ducati motor rebuild, and I just dont have the time with two jobs and other projects.

I have about 900 in this bike including the price of the bike. Do you guys think I will be able to get what I have in it if I sell it? I want to be able to either have this bike fixed or get another bike that doesnt require much work for next season.

Any comments/suggestions are super appreciated.
Ride safe
-Imran

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The bike looks clean minus your obvious problem of the tranny. All depends on if you want to keep it as a project and since your a mech already.....Have you thought about buying a used V92 Freedom and installing it???

Plenty of info around here to do it and just checked ebay, PINWALL has an 04 V92 for 1695 plus shipping so say 2000. Now you get the upgraded ALT as well as new tranny and have about 3 tied up in a solid bike. The engine on Ebay says out of a kingpin but I believe that year is same on the pulley as the TC's. I think you got to change the rear pulley if I rember right as well. There is a link to a video by VicBuilder around here that goes through the process. Could be a good option. Best of luck

Tim

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-Polaris-Victory-V92-Kingpin-ENGINE-MOTOR-VIDEOS-/200828192461?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec24b06cd&vxp=mtr#ht_3791wt_1125

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting Tim!!!

I was actually coming across threads where owners with the same issue went that route...

I will have to do some more research to find out exactly which motor will fit with the least trouble.

I really do like this bike, so I will research.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just watched the video. Vicbuilder definatly made it look simple enough. I may just tackle this job after I figure out exactly what route to go. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts