Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new to me Vegas 8-ball a few weeks ago. Awesome bike, but it has too much chrome. I tried searching, but couldn't find info on blacking out the valve covers. Can anyone confirm that the engine needs to be removed to do this? If not, I will post in a more proper forum once I get the permission.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sean, you talking about the covers on the top of the jugs? Figured all 8-balls had black covers. If they're plastic you should be able to scuff them, prime and paint with high heat or BBQ paint.
There is another member here Adam-8ball who has been painting some of the chrome stuff on his bike recently.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That's me! Check out my garage under my username, most of my pictures are in there. If you have any questions, pm me.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If that's your bike, very nice ride, but not an 8-ball.
An 8 ball would be all blacked out from the factory with the exception of the exhaust, cheese wedges, headlight bucket, speedo housing and bracket, idiot light bezel and fork caps.
If you bought that for the price of the "lower level" 8 ball, then you likely got a great deal :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's my bike...It was titled in Iowa as a Hammer, and sold to me as a Vegas 8-ball. I was just coming to the same conclusion (not an 8-ball) after looking at a lot of pics online today. Doesn't seem like the 2006 8-ball came with the 6 speed. I bought it off ebay, paid $6k with 10k miles on it, and had a dealer inspect it before hand. Seems like everything is near perfect.

Any thoughts on getting the valve covers off? Maybe the proper name for them is rocker covers?

Thanks,
Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts