Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! Mine is an '08 Kingpin Tour. Quite the ride for the money and very versatile. I've had a few minor issues, but running great at 12K now. Was yours new with warranty?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It had 700 miles, but was considered a new sale. It came with a 5 year warranty. I have had 2 issues: First, sometimes it won't start when it is in gear ( no biggy, I now always put it in nuetral before shutting down ) and second, I have a small leak on the top of the left side engine cover. Otherwise, I love the bike and can't wait for spring.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Have you dealer take care of the oil leak before the spring riding season. They found an oil leak on mine at the 10K check. Replaced a speed sensor that must have been installed incorrectly at the factory. Sliced O-ring and braken tab on sensor. My 2yr warranty is up. Hopefully, nothing major from here on out. Voltage regulator was replaced thi summer. If your headlight ever burns out, have the regulator checked for overvoltage. 700 miles is new enough!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice! I will definitely have the dealer check it out. And yes, 700 miles is new enough! I tore the bike apart, cleaned it inside and out, and made it feel/look like new. This winter I will adding some LED lights for safety.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Rode mine to the 2012 AVR and got to see where they buil them. Had the paint buffed out at "The Garage". Post what you find for LED's and where you mount them on the Kingpin Forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts