Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought my 2009 Ness Jackpot home two days ago, and wow is this a nice ride. I'm a woman, 5'5, so it's a bit of a stretch to the shifter for me, but I'm getting used to it. It's going back in a week to get Vic swept exhaust, some axle covers, it'll be lowered 1 1/2' and we're relocating the license and adding LED turn signals to clean up the back end. The cluttered back end and plastic turn signals are the only things I didn't like about it.

I rode it home through stop and go traffic. The clutch pull has really made my forearm sore. Has anyone added the modification to the clutch pulley near the engine to reduce the pull needed? (Sorry, don't know how best to describe it). Or should I just suck it up and I'll get used to it? :) Maybe I shouldn't be such a 'girl' about it.... LOL

Thanks,

Jayne

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
First welcome to Victory ownership.

Do NOT put the Easy Clutch on. It bends the cable at a bad angle and puts stress on the clutch pin. All of this can cause premature wear. Now, if you need a little easier pull get a Barnett Clutch cable. It will be much easier.

Be sure that the dealer relocates your rear wiring harness so that if by chance you bottom out you will avoid a $250.00+ repair.

There are a lot of options in regard to your rear end.....the bikes rear end that is! LOL:)

This is what I did with mine. I kept the plate mount and replaced the stock signals with Kuryakyn bullets. I did this because, personally I don't like the gap between the tip of the fender and the tire.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
You can get the 1 inch less control locator that they use on the Vegas low. Thats should make control reach more comfortable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I may be mistaken but doesn't the Ness comes with the hydraulic clutch? If so you are pretty much stuck with what you got. You're not moving a cable, you're forcing fluid through the lines.

Also if you're looking for a real clean looking rear LED I suggest the MBW rear turn signal. I've got it on mine along with their front LED wrap-around fork signals.

Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Diamond: no more pics of your ride, I insist.

You're making me jealous and making me wish I had bought the jackpot and blacked it out.
Seriously though thanks for the info you've given me as well as others.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Sorry about that jv. LOL

I'll try to resist ALTHOUGH I did a lot of new cosmetic work to her and just finished a couple of weeks ago. I might post those pics. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input everyone!

I'm slowly developing Popeye forearms from that clutch. :) I appreciate your guidance about what can and shouldn't be done. Thanks! You're helping me avoid a spendy mistake.

I like what you did with the rear end Diamond. I'm getting mine lowered 1 1/2 inches (the bike, not my personal rear end!...) so I shouldn't have much of a gap there when I relocate the license frame and add the LED turn signals. Fingers crossed.

Evolvd -yes, it is a hydraulic clutch. The dealer said that if it's too much pull they can add a little pulley/thing-a-ma-gig on the bottom left side of the bike on the end of the cable to make it easier. Sorry, can't remember what he called it. Maybe I'll just adapt and get stronger and it won't be an issue. :)

Thanks again for the help!
Jayne

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I'm slowly developing Popeye forearms from that clutch. :) I appreciate your guidance about what can and shouldn't be done. Thanks! You're helping me avoid a spendy mistake.

I like what you did with the rear end Diamond. I'm getting mine lowered 1 1/2 inches (the bike, not my personal rear end!...) so I shouldn't have much of a gap there when I relocate the license frame and add the LED turn signals. Fingers crossed.

Evolvd -yes, it is a hydraulic clutch. The dealer said that if it's too much pull they can add a little pulley/thing-a-ma-gig on the bottom left side of the bike on the end of the cable to make it easier. Sorry, can't remember what he called it. Maybe I'll just adapt and get stronger and it won't be an issue. :)

Thanks again for the help!
Jayne
I forgot you have a hydraulic clutch. The thingy they are talking about is the EZ Clutch. I have seen a few cases that it either snapped the cable or bent the clutch pin (what it attaches too) and glazed over the clutch. Meaning a new clutch.

Even with the lowering the gap is pretty huge. Please understand it is my personal taste in regard to the gap but none the less it is substantial. I have air ride and bottomed out its till wide.

Not trying to burst your bubble its just I've done a lot of Victory's so I have a little insight into these things.

I worked at a dealership and then started my own Victory modifying business.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot you have a hydraulic clutch. The thingy they are talking about is the EZ Clutch. I have seen a few cases that it either snapped the cable or bent the clutch pin (what it attaches too) and glazed over the clutch. Meaning a new clutch.
Oh boy, so glad you chimed in on this. Looks like I do some exercises and get used to the clutch. :) Anyone want to arm wrestle? LOL

Really appreciate the insight and advice. Last thing I want to do is a) mess up this bike or b) create an unsafe situation.

Thanks again!
Jayne

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try golf, you'll get good grip strength there! LOL

I got forearms bigger than most peoples biceps so I can't really empathize with ya. You'll get accustomed to it eventually.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Try golf, you'll get good grip strength there! LOL

I got forearms bigger than most peoples biceps so I can't really empathize with ya. You'll get accustomed to it eventually.
I might just have to do that - wonder how fast those golf carts can go? LOL

·
Registered
526 Posts
on the regular clutch or the hydraulic clutch? or both?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts