Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drove my new Vision 8 Ball out of the showroom doors on Saturday.It was a wet rainy day which didn't create a good mood.It handled like a dream except for the fact that the left saddle bag door kept popping open every few Kilometres.I had to keep stopping which really pissed me off.I put some small spacer washers in the door side of the latch when I got home.Slammed it shut and it has stayed put.Looks like the latching mechanism has been installed backwards.The dealer is going to arrange an appointment to fix it properly.I would hope so after stressing me out and spending $20k plus.Relaxed today and took it for a 3 hour ride.What a machine!Its like a magic carpet ride.I have no regrets.I added an electric adjustable windsheild,heated grips,a heal and toe shifter, and a GPS.It's one hell of a ride.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Great temporary fix!!!

On a side note of this subject and not directed at you. I personally would recommend NOT doing your own fixes to a bike while it is under warranty. Having worked at a dealer you can void the warranty out on that part because it could be argued that you were trying to modify it and YOU caused the problem. I can't remember how many times this happened on bikes that came in for warranty repairs. Luckily we had a very good relationship with our Victory rep and got almost everyone covered under warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
saddle bag issue

Great temporary fix!!!

On a side note of this subject and not directed at you. I personally would recommend NOT doing your own fixes to a bike while it is under warranty. Having worked at a dealer you can void the warranty out on that part because it could be argued that you were trying to modify it and YOU caused the problem. I can't remember how many times this happened on bikes that came in for warranty repairs. Luckily we had a very good relationship with our Victory rep and got almost everyone covered under warranty.
Thanks for the info.I am going to remove the washers I installed and tie the lid to the passenger grab rail with a piece of string to hold it shut before I go to the dealer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2010 Vision tour has done the same thing a couple of times with the left saddlebag. Did you find a solution for the bag opening? I would like to know the solution and problem as well.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I drove my new Vision 8 Ball out of the showroom doors on Saturday.It was a wet rainy day which didn't create a good mood.It handled like a dream except for the fact that the left saddle bag door kept popping open every few Kilometres.I had to keep stopping which really pissed me off.I put some small spacer washers in the door side of the latch when I got home.Slammed it shut and it has stayed put.Looks like the latching mechanism has been installed backwards.The dealer is going to arrange an appointment to fix it properly.I would hope so after stressing me out and spending $20k plus.Relaxed today and took it for a 3 hour ride.What a machine!Its like a magic carpet ride.I have no regrets.I added an electric adjustable windsheild,heated grips,a heal and toe shifter, and a GPS.It's one hell of a ride.
Damn, I lOVE those 8 ball Visions!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my v8 for about 3 months now..added the electric windshield, stage 1 plus and cruise control. as said previously..."what a machine". cant wait to ride it to sturgis.

·
Registered
5 Posts
new vision 8-ball

OK guys, I'm new here, about to turn over 3000 miles on my vision 8-ball. Leaving out in the morning for a trip up to WI from tulsa OK then on to the Victory rally in IA. First big trip on vision. wife has an 09 kingpin low. We both came off kawasakis, mine with 63,000 on a Nomad. Great bike. hope this vic can compare as far as realiability goes. Hope to have as much fun here as the vulcan forum and get lotsa info. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was getting a new front tire on my '02 TCD a few weeks ago, got to use a 8 ball Vision for a loaner for a couple hours. Very cool bike. I think I'd have to add cruise and the adjustable windshield, otherwise it was just great. Took me a while to get use to the fairing sticking out in front, after 78,000 miles on my windshield only TCD, but it sure is nice out on the road. Maybe see you in Spirit Lake Walmarty!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You and I are the only ones who know how a Victory Vision 8 ball perfrorms and looks.I am tired of people asking questions about the bike.The whole experiance is unblevable.I know you are having fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fix for the Left Saddlebag Door

Den,
I had the same thing happen when I was driving mine back from the dealer. I found this on YouTube. I did the mod and it hasn't happened since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts