Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After enjoying the Fuel It demo tour, which was at a local dealership over the weekend, I ended up riding home with a grin so huge, my face is still sore!

I went in with the intent to only test ride on Saturday, which I have done, and was extremely pleased with the Victory Cross Roads. My wife had not been on it though, so we planned to return on Sunday, and hop on it together and give it a try.

When we got there, we noticed a white and sandstone Kingpin, which was gorgeous (at least according to our taste). I told my wife she wouldn't like that ride for longer trips, but promised her we'd test ride a Kingpin also after we take the Cross Roads for a spin.

So, we rode the Cross Roads, and we both loved it. Comfort, smoothness, power, balance, controls... everything was great, as I have expected from reading all the reviews. One thing did slightly surprise me, however. The exhaust (stage 1 for the 2011) was loud enough for me, while I expected it to be too quiet as others have pointed out. At age 33, I guess I'm getting old. :-(

We then took the promised ride on a Kingpin. While we both agreed it was the better looking bike, as soon as we hit the first bump on the highway we knew it wasn't the right horse for us (it was a transversal, uniform bump, at the point where concrete highway stopped, and asphalt pavement began). The funny part was, we didn't notice when we rode over the same bump with the Cross Roads, but when we took the Kingpin over it, my 110 lb wife was glad to be holding on to me, because her butt and and feet left the seat and foot pegs. Needless to say, at that point we both knew we were old folks, who want comfort above style. Not that the Cross Roads is not gorgeous, but we did like the looks of the Kingpin.

Well, to make a long story short, the dealer surprised me by giving me the deal I wanted, at which point I signed and rode her home. She's in the garage, looking gorgeous and begging to get out on the open road.

Btw, purchased at Cycle Dragon, in Cerritos, CA, and the staff were nothing but professional.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. I couldn't sleep all night. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts