Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2011 Cross Roads today. Bike had only 2000 miles on it. Still got a 07 Nomad 1600.

I like the speedo and info readouts on the Victory but I like the Nomad handlebars better as I find the vic's handlebars too short. Also got to get some risers just like my nomad has - feel a little bit extended with the stock ones.

One thing never expected although i read it somewhere before - the position of the floorboards. Way too forward - could be a good thing because i definitely will not need any highway pegs!

Love it overall but plan to do install some accessories like backrest, atom bomb exhaust and risers.

So far I have found the kewlmetal risers only for this bike - do you guys know of any other risers? Also do u guys know how i can get a stock set of muffler heat shields? Thanks CHris

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Wow, how odd. I bought my first Victory last week. A black 2011 XR with the forged bars, all stock. And I wear a silver HJC helmet and hang it on the bars just like you do.

For a second I thought someone was playing a trick on me. Hey, what are you doing with my bike?!?! :)

Anyway, I don't need the risers but I bought a backrest from:
http://www.grasshopperlimited.com/victory/

And i bought the baffled exhaust from:
http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1393/victory-motorcycle-parts-exhaust-engine-components-xrxc-muscle-baffle-muffler-sc-471/

Neither have arrived yet, but I'll let you know how they work out. We black 2011 XR guys gotta stick together! :)
Anyway, welcome from Central TX!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Oh BTW, the floorboards will move forward and back. If you look under the boards there's an allen screw and three holes. Stock it's in the middle one. The shifter/brake move too.

Also, I'm finding lots of good info about how to do stuf to our bikes on youtube!
Hopefully, Ill get some pics of mine up soon. Till then i might just use yours... LOL :)

Laters.

·
Premium Member
12,982 Posts
Lots of options on handlebars. Probably the least expensive is to find someone with an XC that has changed theirs out for longer ones. They work on XR's and are +3". I've heard they fit with the stock cables but may need some re-routing.

I found the same thing with the floorboards. Plenty of room and don't need highway pegs. I have my foot controls on the middle setting.

Welcome!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome from Woodstock, GA. Great looking bike. One thing I always recommend when switching bikes, don't change things too fast. We are creatures of habit. Sometime it just takes a little time to get used to the change. I wanted to add risers and swap my seat at first, now I love them just the way they came. Ride safe!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the XR!

As BBob says the cheapest way to change the bars is to use XC bars. You can post a request in the XR/XC or classifieds section of the forum if you want to save even more money. They will give you almost 3" of pullback and you will not need to buy different risers as you can rotate them to change the height. You will have to reroute the clutch cable, front brake line and cruise control wiring through the trees and to make them fit without stressing them but you won't have to buy different cables/lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts