Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just got a black 2012 Jackpot yesterday. Love it so far. Had a 50 mile or so ride home. Had one small problem with one of the tank emblem flying off on the interstate but the dealer has already ordered a new set. This is my first cruiser and the wide rear tire is taken some getting used to. I moved from a Yamaha R1.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nice bike. You're gonna love it. Good luck. Does take a little getting used to coming off an R1. Do you like the look without a tank badge side?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome. I am a recent swap over from my old KTM RC8 myself. I do love riding my Victory! I recently met up with my sport bike friends on it and they loved my wheels and the overall look of the bike. I think i got their attention in a great way. :cool:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! I love my '08 Jackpot, the big tire steering takes less time than you'd think to get used to. On a side note the same thing happened to my tank badges last summer on like a 97 degree day. But I caught them peeling back and just pushed hard. Has only been an issue with one since. The rest of the bike will be perfect.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Enjoy. You'll get used to the tire.

I've had my Jackpot since the fall of '07 and still love it. It's been my favorite bike to ride.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I just joined. Just got my 2012 Jackpot in July. Traded in my 06 Buell XB12R.

Haven't done much other than Stage 1 and the mirrors. I've been doing an extensive amount of looking online though. My wish list is about a mile long, but I'm gonna take it slow. Side mount for the license plate, and some LED's for the rear end are next on my list, followed by lowering it a bit.

To everyone here, just a blanket statement: there are a lot of sweet looking bikes here and I've been drooling a lot.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I came off a 03 GSXR and the wide tire on the jackpot does take a little wile to get used to, especially getting of a bike that steers itself compared to the jackpot where u have to kind of muscle it a little more. Take your time shes a blast once your settled.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It did not take too long. I have about 1600 miles or so on it now. Just changed my seat to a corbin and I am waiting on my new Hacker exhaust to come in. I hate the way the stock exhaust looks and sounds on the bike. Next is new tanks badge. i want the silver script style and new rear blinker/tag mount also. But those may have to wiat a while I just bought my wife a bike and she is learning to ride by herself.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ride on! from a fellow Jackpot owner. I had a buddy who had the primary cover with the 6 on it fly off when he rode home from the dealer. Surprised to hear of other riders with the same issue. Victory are you listening?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts