Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Reese and I purchased my Cross Country in Scottsdale AZ jus about a month ago. It was demo with 2000 miles on it. Great riding bike! Still waiting on a lowering kit that was ordered but it seems Polaris is taking their sweet time delivering it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Welcome. You live in Scottsdale. What color XC

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I am in Scottsdale and bought my Vision in Mesa. Here most of the year. Hope to see you out on the road.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, my name is Reese and I purchased my Cross Country in Scottsdale AZ jus about a month ago. It was demo with 2000 miles on it. Great riding bike! Still waiting on a lowering kit that was ordered but it seems Polaris is taking their sweet time delivering it.

How much are you lowering it? does this impact handling?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi - I am also short, about 5'4", and have been riding a 2007 kingpin with a lowered seat. I am about to trade for a XC tour, or an XC. They offer a 1" lower seat for $600. I also added 1" to the bottom of my boots. The only problem with that is that I needed to upshift with my heel. I am concerned about the fit on the XC. One is coming into the dealer in a few days and I will try it out. I am a little worried about lowering the rear end, but the dealer said that it wont effect anything. I have a hard time believing that.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The dealer is not forthcoming. I imagine that he sees the profit in selling you the kit and likely installing it. He has an interest in shooting off comments like telling you that a lowering kit won't affect anything.

It will.

Consider your relationship with a dealer that does not take a minute to offer the pros and cons of a mod that affects suspension and the height of the bike because there are pros and cons.

·
Registered
790 Posts
There are tons of info on lowering your bike. Do a search. As far as I know Polaris doesn't make a Lowering kit. Your dealer is having to buy it from a third party such as HMD, Hot Vic, Nometz... he's probably still researching where he'll get the most profit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had my bike lowered this week at the dealer. Not sure where they got the lowering kit (1.5 inches) but it helped a lot. I will post before and after pics on Saturday as I am having some detailing added to the fuel tank and the front of the fairing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mike - Do you like the reverse? And did you notice any negatives with your 2" lowering on the XC. Does it look funny with the rear lowered and the front end stock?

Bob

·
Registered
790 Posts
Mike - Do you like the reverse? And did you notice any negatives with your 2" lowering on the XC. Does it look funny with the rear lowered and the front end stock?

Bob
At 5' 3" I had to go to 2". It does require extra air in shock. If I could have gotten away with 1.5" drop I would have used it, but I wanted to be flat footed since I ride with wife a lot.

It doesn't look funny at all, you can't tell the rear is lowered visually.

And yes, I didn't want to spend the money on the reverse, most expensive option I have ever put on a bike, but I love it. I don't worry anymore about where to park, or going done the wrong road and needing to turnaround on a single lane road. I can easily back up with a passenger. I watch my 6' friends struggle with the HD Ultras while I through it in reverse. Well worth it for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mike, Thanks a million for that. I do currently struggle with backing up my kingpin, so I am going for the reverse option as well. Hang the cost, you only live once, right? Anyway, it is great to know that we short folks can handle the XC. I am going to add the short seat ($600!!) and a 1.5 inch lowering kit if the seat isn't enough. I really appreciate your input. Short people rock, so do old people (I will be 73 in February)

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
beautiful. Thanks for the pix. I went to the dealer today (in Dover Delaware) and sat on a new XC touring. Price with all the goodies that I want is about 27k. I can barely get heels on the ground so I will need a lower seat first, and then - if that isn't good enough - a 1 inch lowering kit. Can you deal with dealers when ordering a new bike to my specs. Any thoughts?

Bob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts