Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Just picked this up Tuesday, could not be happier.

Look forward to digging in to the forum and learning as much about these bikes as I can.

Welcome from Ohio and happy to have you here Dro!

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Welcome From CT!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome To Victory , and the Forum !

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Welcome from Upstate South Carolina!

Your bike is gorgeous. It looks very much like mine. :wink

There doesn't appear to be any snow on the ground wherever you are. Have you been riding your new bike yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There was no snow and it was 60 on Tuesday, Wednesday was 35 and overcast but I still rode to work :)
Been in the 20s and snowing off and on since.
Tomorrow back to the 60s for a week...
I've put 34 miles on it so far

Welcome from Upstate South Carolina!

Your bike is gorgeous. It looks very much like mine.

There doesn't appear to be any snow on the ground wherever you are. Have you been riding your new bike yet?

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Welkom and that is an amazing cool bike, don't see that many black CCT

Keep on posting OP

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
13,177 Posts
Dro

In cold weather open the throttle about a 1/8th of a turn before pushing start button. If you don't you could get a kick back or backfire that will take out your starter.

Welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dro

In cold weather open the throttle about a 1/8th of a turn before pushing start button. If you don't you could get a kick back or backfire that will take out your starter.

Welcome
Thanks for the tip, a really easy way to never get kickback on start up is to make sure and hold the starter button down until the bike actually starts, don't just stab the starter button. That's a big problem on a lot of v twins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
another new 2016 XCT owner

Just bought a 2016 Vic XCT on 02/27/2017, put together that day out of the crate. I've been looking for a long while, since before 2013, to get a XC. Due to the factory rebate the offered price was better than I could refuse!

P.S: I initially signed in using FB. I can sign in with a username, but am I able to change my shown id?
Thanks . I'm looking forward to all the knowledge those that have gone before me might be gracious enough to share.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just bought a 2016 Vic XCT on 02/27/2017, put together that day out of the crate. I've been looking for a long while, since before 2013, to get a XC. Due to the factory rebate the offered price was better than I could refuse!

P.S: I initially signed in using FB. I can sign in with a username, but am I able to change my shown id?
Thanks . I'm looking forward to all the knowledge those that have gone before me might be gracious enough to share.
A time traveler huh? :) I'm having my knee replaced on 2/27/2017, can you tell me how it went?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sorry my friend. It didn't go so well. They amputated your leg below the knee... on the wrong leg.
But at least for me by then I had owned my new bike for exactly 4 weeks and 3 days. ;)

See I knew I had joined the right place. Smart folks with attention to detail.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts