Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this bike yesterday for a really good price. I know that there are transmission issues with these bikes, and know of the upgraded stator. What else should I watch for on it. I rode it home with almost completely fouled plugs, not fun.

Is there a proper cold and warm starting procedure for these to keep from fouling the plugs? It has the stage one kit on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
v92c 1999

I have a 1999 v92c. I bought it in 2003 from my buddy who only put about 1k miles on it. I did not do any transmission upgrades and have had some minor problem with the trottle cable sometime in 04 which was fixed by the dealer for about $600. If your transmission was not upgraded you will know it by the clunking when you shift gears. I have gotten used to it and otherwise the bike shifts ok. It does not really jump out of gear, although this has happed maybe once on me. In any event you will like the bike. They need to be warmed up in cold weather, although I have the stage 1 upgrade.

I have never had the plugs get fouled and I think I had 1 tune up since 2003. I have about 20k in miles on the bike. No rear problems. Maybe the transmission will be a problem in the future.

You will have a real problem getting any kind of accessory parts for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1999 v92c. I bought it in 2003 from my buddy who only put about 1k miles on it. I did not do any transmission upgrades and have had some minor problem with the trottle cable sometime in 04 which was fixed by the dealer for about $600. If your transmission was not upgraded you will know it by the clunking when you shift gears. I have gotten used to it and otherwise the bike shifts ok. It does not really jump out of gear, although this has happed maybe once on me. In any event you will like the bike. They need to be warmed up in cold weather, although I have the stage 1 upgrade.

I have never had the plugs get fouled and I think I had 1 tune up since 2003. I have about 20k in miles on the bike. No rear problems. Maybe the transmission will be a problem in the future.

You will have a real problem getting any kind of accessory parts for it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I don't mind the thunk of the shift as long as it works.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought my 2000 V92C this past March with 7k miles on it. It now has nearly 15k miles on it, and the only issue that I've has was a broken clutch cable in July. Other than that, the bike has been perfect for me. It is a great long distance cruiser. The stock seats are so comfortable that I rode 900 miles in 14 hours. I agree with JF89 that you'll love the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts