Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on the other forum. What a great find. Had to share it here. It's a 154 tooth 28mm. Doesn't that fit the Vision too?

Replacement belt for Victory Motorcycles

Maybe they will make them for the steel frame bikes too at some point.

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Good to see for the future, and I guess steel frame belts will be out soon too.
How's that price compare with the pricing om Victory belts?
I got my last one off [email protected] and forget how much it was.
I do know this, even including freight it was cheaper than our local Aussie Victory/Indian dealers.

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Only one way to find out
Someones gotta take the plunge
Preferably a high miler rider.
Says theyre rubber reinforced with carbon, I'd presume carbon fibre to be fairly strong in tensile strength.
Our Victory belts are Kevlar reinforced I think, if so, then therein lies a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Very interesting. I know nothing about this company or any actual difference between the Gates/Polaris belt and this one. I'm sure others do and hopefully they will post what we need to know. But I sure love that there looks to finally be an alternative for this. The drive belt is likely the single most unique item we still need from Polaris Industries. Nearly everything else, new aftermarket or used, can be sourced elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Electrical components could be a worry in years to come..speed sensors and the like.
Electrics is swahili to me.
Ive switched to a decent regulator thatll go the distance.
We know belts are good for over 100K without a rock interfering.
Fuel filters I got 3 in stock
still got my holey spare belt too
Considering underdrive pulley and Buell belt when I next got some loot to blow

·
Registered
771 Posts
This belt is made by Continental which makes belts for many industries. Longevity is the key here.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
If Gates makes them for Victory, I wonder if they have it available in their own inventory, but under a different item number.

·
13,299 Posts
Yes that belt will fit a vision. BDL has been making primary belt drives for HD's for over 20 years. They have had a good primary belt and here just about 7 years ago started making drive belts for HD bikes

·
Premium Member
13,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes that belt will fit a vision. BDL has been making primary belt drives for HD's for over 20 years. They have had a good primary belt and here just about 7 years ago started making drive belts for HD bikes
VJ; did you mean he started making drive belts for Victory's 7 years ago and we are just now hearing about it?

It's not just the number of teeth and width. It's the tooth depth and angles that are just as critical.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I've run the brand on a few HD's. They work as well if not better than HD stock belts do. They were always high quality. Haven't needed to buy one a few years but unless they have gone downhill which isn't likely were good to go.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Glad to see this post! I am not a high mileage rider but plan on keeping my XR for many years to come so having an alternative is great. A rock can knock out a new belt just as easily as a high mileage belt being worn out. I might buy one of these to keep as an extra and to pack when I go on a multi-day trip with my buds.

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Thatd good news!
See the future's looking rosier all the time!
How many Victorys are still on the road world-wide ?
Quite a few Id guess..

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
13,299 Posts
VJ; did you mean he started making drive belts for Victory's 7 years ago and we are just now hearing about it?

It's not just the number of teeth and width. It's the tooth depth and angles that are just as critical.
my mistake BDL has made them for HD this is the first I heard about them for Vic's but why not

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I've run BDL's before. They make and carry a quality product.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Bumping this thread as it’s time for me to replace mine. Anyone here running this belt?
Not me yet, but Continental make good tyres, reputable company, should be a quality product.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
I hope that this has been added to the aftermarket thresad.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Agreed, I'd just like to hear from someone who's used it!

I do understand that. I'm surprised just how well the OE belt has lasted, 124000 KMs, probably 20% on dirt roads. Way better than any of my mates Harley's, even the blokes who have left the lower belt guards on
I still have a spare, so I might have graduated to a mobility scooter before I need to buy a replacement.

Reactions: depot picker
1 - 20 of 36 Posts