Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on FB some guy has come up with this in hopes to get more air and power. He has the bike out getting dyoned and knows nothing so far. Its all speculation for now

Attachments

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more photos and they are his photos

Attachments

Reactions: MC Hammer

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
It's always nice to have options, for sure. But methinks it sticks out a bit too far.

Reactions: RICZ and vindex1963

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Looks like BIG $$$$$ hopefully it produces some good numbers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Seems like a lot of work to make a victory look like a carbed Harley. Though I am interested as to how it runs with that much space between the throttle body and cyl heads. Did the oil cooler lines have to be custom also? I can't tell from the pictures.

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like a lot of work to make a victory look like a carbed Harley. Though I am interested as to how it runs with that much space between the throttle body and cyl heads. Did the oil cooler lines have to be custom also? I can't tell from the pictures.
what oil cooler lines.
there on the left side and down below

·
Registered
36 Posts
This page is not letting me post a picture but I didn't know they changed that. My 06 has the oil cooler lines going in the head on the upper right side just checked my new 11 cc and it does not have them there. Oh well I learned something at least Lol.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Just getting the intake out of the massive restrictive heat sink of a frame that the cross bikes have should produce some nice gains. I could deal with a "harley style" intake on my bike if it meant that I gained some more power.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Me thinks that would be hitting me in the knee cap. I agree getting at the fresh air should show some improvement.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Im not a fan of that setup at all.
Why didnt he just buy a Harkey

·
Registered
41 Posts
How much more power does one need with these large displacement motors? Victory is already well past the perf. specs of most Harley motors. If riders would stop adding junk weight to their bikes, they needn't try to squeeze an extra few hp.

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
It's never enough powerrrr

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
346 Posts
The reason the intake is on top now is for cool fresh air. Now it will be just like a Harley sucking heated air as it passes cylinder 1.

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The reason the intake is on top now is for cool fresh air. Now it will be just like a Harley sucking heated air as it passes cylinder 1.
not like Vic isn't doing that now

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I doubt the amount of increased Hp/Tq(if there even is any) is worth the work and expense that went into this modification.
But it is amazing engineering.....more power to the inventor(pun intended ;) )

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
funny how a couple of you bash this guys new air intake trying to get better power and you have Lloydz filter or different air filter.
Why was it ok for you guys and not for others to do something different

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
VJ can you please update if the DYNO numbers come out for the guys who don't like it ??

Personally I like everything that took that much fabrication ... TT self-made too ... Anything that is homemade and looks good is something to be proud off ...

home fabricator's yohooooo go go go

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
That was a lot of work to get the look he wanted... i'm sure standing still it'll pull cooler air than a torque tube setup or stock which would be sucking air around the motor/tank. But at speed the other setups pull air from in front/top of the motor which won't be warmed by the motor.

His setup is sticking far enough out that the air prob won't be as hot as a HD/Carb setup that has the air pre-warmed by cyl1. as it flows forward/back.

I'd be more curious about his gains, and how the dyno graph looks. With a custom intake setup like that he may have funneled the intake large->small to move some of the torque down load.

Either way, looks very nice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts