Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm thinking of buying my first Victory, I'm thinking a used Kingpin or Vegas. I've sat on a few and really like their styling. Any advice on which model years may be better than others? Basically wondering if some years had issues like recalls, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome

I am in the same boat as you. Just lurking on here and dreaming to add a Victory Cross Country to my stable. I currently own a Suzuki Blvd. M 109R. Eventually I WILL have the Best of both worlds. Looking for a Victory CC in the Florida area.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Hope you two find exactly what you're looking for. From 2008 up, all Vics had the 106" engine--you'll want that. From 2011 up, ABS and the trannys had more helical cut gears (quieter) and a neutral finder. Also, oil change interval went from 2500 to 5000 miles in '11. Others will be chiming in here with more info...stand by.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Hope you two find exactly what you're looking for. From 2008 up, all Vics had the 106" engine--you'll want that. From 2011 up, ABS and the trannys had more helical cut gears (quieter) and a neutral finder. Also, oil change interval went from 2500 to 5000 miles in '11. Others will be chiming in here with more info...stand by.
Yes, this applies to both Vegas and Kingpin, except the ABS part.

As far as differences between Kingpin and Vegas, the Kingpin is a bit better at touring with inverted forks and a smaller, wider front tire. You also get floorboards on the Kingpin and bigger fenders.

·
Registered
222 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts