Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

Picked up my Cross Country Tour machine at the Scottsdale store the other day and couldn't be happier. Good folks.

2013, Boulevard Blue with a bit over 5k miles on it from their rental fleet. Appears to be well cared or with minimal wear and tear. For the price I don't think we could have done much better.

Be looking forward to reading things here and see what others have to say about these bikes.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Very nice. Great color. Went out this morning at 630. Turned around at 8. HOT. Have fun. I need one of those cooling vests

·
Registered
636 Posts
Nice bike and welcome to the brotherhood of the cross country. Hahahahahahahaa... And yah.. Cooling vest ... Gotta have.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You wwill be able to after few posts. Picked up a cooling vest. Was actually cold

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I feel bad. I got it at the HD store. They seemed to be the only place that had one. I owned a Harley so I guess it's okay
$45

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
D&D Discount Cycle

D&D has them on McClintock & University in Tempe. Do not know the price. Seen the cool vest in there Saturday when I picked up my new helmet. Shoie GT-Air, really like it so far. Got a good deal on it and it does stand out, it is the YELLOW one. I almost got white and then I thought I want these people to notice me on my black Victory. I seen it from a distance Saturday night sitting on my bike,it seems to stand out. Helmet does seem to vent pretty good so far.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Todd , congrats on your new "to you" C.C. ! u will truly enjoy it ! so how was your experance w/ scootsdale vic. ? imho they are the most knowledgeable dealers in the phx. metro area ! but they have had there problems . but i give them my vic. support ! the cooling vest , they do work ! but for me , i am a blue collar worker and wear a uniform w/ long sleave shirts and undershirt . at the end of the day i just get my undershirt all wet and put on my long sleave shirt . it work just as good as a vest on a 25 mi. commute.
i have known Dan since he was w/ az. vic. . he will treat you good . this time of year is not the best time to get the best test time in . but just wait tell fall . then burn up the gallons of GAS !!!! and ENJOY .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Todd , congrats on your new "to you" C.C. ! u will truly enjoy it ! so how was your experance w/ scootsdale vic. ? imho they are the most knowledgeable dealers in the phx. metro area ! but they have had there problems . but i give them my vic. support ! the cooling vest , they do work ! but for me , i am a blue collar worker and wear a uniform w/ long sleave shirts and undershirt . at the end of the day i just get my undershirt all wet and put on my long sleave shirt . it work just as good as a vest on a 25 mi. commute.
i have known Dan since he was w/ az. vic. . he will treat you good . this time of year is not the best time to get the best test time in . but just wait tell fall . then burn up the gallons of GAS !!!! and ENJOY .
I think the folks at Scottsdale were both very nice and very helpful. In fairness, I began my search at the Mesa store where I did my test ride. I'd have gone back there if they had what I wanted; a good condition used bike. I truly felt a bit bad not buying there but can't buy what they don't have.

When a found the blue XCT (the color I preferred) up at Scottsdale it was only a matter of making the deal work for us both. I think I got a fair deal on the bike at 5500mi and serviced there in their rental fleet. Clearly you have no idea how someone else rode it tho...still it was what I was looking for and being a 2013 the price was hard to say no to. Looking at others for about the same money (or more) meant buying both site unseen and traveling to get it or paying to ship it. That was a trade off in AZ tax I suppose.

Overall I'm quite happy with the machine. Now with three bikes however it's a bit of a decision as to what to ride and what to keep parked. I suspect the Vic will spend more time at home and used on the weekends than my daily commuter. While it's nice to ride it's big and with my luck will get scratched in my shop!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts