Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had my most excellent dealership install new Avon's front and back. Wow! Total transformation. It feels almost like my old Vegas (RIP). I'm always amazed at the difference a new set of tires makes but a different brand and tire profile just adds to the amazement.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Thanks for picture and info. Now I have to decide what to put on my CCT next. Maybe Avon's maybe Michelins

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
I can not fault my Avon Cobras. Glad I have them, especially on the many steel grate bridges we have here.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Cobras are fantastic. Both our vics have them front and rear now. I might even get 10k out of my rear tire.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Avon Cobras are the best tires I've used, except the rear tire doesn't last...:( I put on a set of Metzeler 888's this year and can't wait to switch back to the Avon's....to hell with the mileage ;)

·
12,970 Posts
My front Avon cobra with dynabeads only lasted 9K. The Metzeler 888 front went 14K.
I have read Avons stick like glue wear like cotton candy

·
Registered
102 Posts
Avon

I put Avon’s on front and back this time and have 12500 KMS and rear will be lucky if I put another 1000 KMS. The front is like new. I’m thinking to replace the rear with another and see how it works out. I’m lucky my buddy has a tire changer and balancer, my cost to replace is a few wobbly pops. I get my tires from fortnine.com and they are on for $249.00 with free shipping.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
I put Avon’s on front and back this time and have 12500 KMS and rear will be lucky if I put another 1000 KMS. The front is like new. I’m thinking to replace the rear with another and see how it works out. I’m lucky my buddy has a tire changer and balancer, my cost to replace is a few wobbly pops. I get my tires from fortnine.com and they are on for $249.00 with free shipping.
Wobbly pops indeed!:smile
12,500kms and your front is like new.
10,000kms here in Oz and its bald.
Tempted to order a USA tire:wink to see if the compound is harder or just the spelling is different.
All jokes of riding upside down aside, the mileage/kilometerage (new word) you blokes get up top is far far far more than we get Downunder.
And thats a fact.
Fair enough we probably ride harder than youse.
And have more corners and bends.
Our average road surface must be vastly different to yours.
Or indeed your compounds are much harder for the endless superslabs.
I used to get my BT45 Bridgestones for the Gpz900r from Jake Wilson back when our dollar was better than yours...ten years or more ago and they never gave me your sorts of mileage either!

Something very strange going on.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Roads

Yes the area I live and ride in has very few curves. You can drive 2 hours with out any curves. I think that would make a difference. We usually get two rear tires to one front. New could be the wrong word but still in good condition.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts