Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finished installing the chrome slash cuts this evening. Even with the baffles in, great sound and looks.

As I am not changing anything else (intake etc. ) I am running open loop and getting great results. Cooler engine, tan spark plug color etc. what's not to like?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Picture of the exhaust please !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have ridden the Vegas (with the new sound) daily since I installed the Basani Slash Cuts.

Running open loop I get slight popping when going from partial throttle to throttle off. Throttle off: no popping sounds. A perceived increase in power and acceleration, possibly because of the new sound.

Idle speed at start: 1000 RPM
Idle speed hot: 900 RPM

No hesitation, no sputtering, nothing but raw power and tractability.

I am a happy camper. For $500 and lots of wrenching got exactly what I wanted.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
A rare commodity in this world.
Exactly what I wanted.
What a beautiful philosophy!
Im off for a ride :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Updates on in town and Interstate riding since I installed Basani Slash Cuts. I taped off the O2 sensors and plugged the O2 ports on the Basani's. Running open loop with stock air cleaner in place and 2000 miles on a basically new Vegas. The Basani exhaust system is great as it weighs less than the OEM system. Pulled the spark plugs this evening and found what I expected: Plugs running slightly rich but not abnormally so. I have seen worse in my years of wrenching. A weekend trip should even things out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts