Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, For my birthday, D-Day, i decided to buy myself a New Victory CCt. Love it, al the features are great. I worked on Camp Victory in Iraq for 4 years and always there was a Victory in my future.

My prior bikes which I still have are

04 HOnda vtx 1300
09 Yamaha Startoliner-s

I decided on the gold rush/black

Love the bike, just a few comments:

No fork lock, I can live with that with a rotor lock
Shifts clunk are kinda loud, does this dimish as it get broken in
Love the radio, and ipod hookup

I have no problem hearing the radio at hiway speeds, I was thinking of the tri-oval exhaust promo, but have read too many stating this thing is really loud with that setup.

I'll be going in for first oil change this week.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
First, thanks a bunch for your service MC. Be patient, these Vics take 3,000 miles or so to completely break in, and yes, everything improves then. For smoother, quieter shifts, preload the shifter.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't know, my 2012 CC has around 3500 miles on it now and shifts are still pretty clunky/noisy.

I put the Tri-Ovals on a few hundred miles back. They are considerably quieter than I expected. You can hear them if you get on it, but they are very tolerable driving through the neighborhood.

Rob

·
Registered
12,203 Posts

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Maybe the upcoming next generation water cooled Victorys will have quieter trannys.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I played around with a demo bike that had tri ovals on it, not a lot louder than stock on the bike but it's a much deeper sound, I think they sound amazing at higher rpm. The look is the best IMO but I went with a used set of stage 1 when I found them well below new cost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats MC and as mentioned before thank you for the service!!! Got a 2013XCT that just begs to ride. Long trips or around town doesn't matter as long as she's rolling. I put the Arlen Ness Big Honkers on mine and they work for me. Nice aggressive sounds when going through the gears and settles down to a nice purr on the highway. Got the Vic performance air filter and flashed at the same time.

Enjoy that ride. Stay safe.

Wheels

1 - 9 of 9 Posts