Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Boardwalk less than 800 miles.
Fuel sensor for low fuel level not working.
First time light came on I drove 4 more miles and put in 4.566 gals of fuel into a tank that only holds 4.7 gal of fuel.
Filled tank, rode 174 miles, purchased a 1 gal fuel can, filled can, rode to 199.3 miles, bike stalls, red fuel light comes on, out of fuel.
Yellow warning light never came on.
Pours in the 1 gal of fuel, rode to gas station refilled 1gal can, rode 47.3miles, bike out of gas, fuel light comes on after coasting to a stop.

Will be taking bike back to dealer for fix of replacement of bike.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sorry that happened to you, should be a easy fix at the dealer. I always refill around the 140 mark , whether the light is on or not... I don't trust it anyway, a lot of people on this forum have a similar problem to yours.... Good luck!cheers

·
Registered
554 Posts
Not to be a jerk but replacement of the bike? That will never happen over a fuel light not coming on. That said I am sure they will fix it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
For me, 2013 Judge, new, Australian delivered. Second day from dealers. I have put 300 km on a sunny Sunday, and am cruising down the freeway thinking "gee this bike gets good mileage", looking to see if the low fuel light comes on, nothing there. All good.

Then - gurgle, gurgle, burp, nothing. Quickly pull in the clutch, on with the hazard lights. Lucky I am near an exit.. Look in the tank, you guessed it, no gas. I turn the ignition on and off, and voila! There is the low fuel warning light, it helpfully comes on after you have completely run out of gas.

A one km walk to the gas station. They are heavy bikes to push, let me tell you.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
For me, 2013 Judge, new, Australian delivered. Second day from dealers. I have put 300 km on a sunny Sunday, and am cruising down the freeway thinking "gee this bike gets good mileage", looking to see if the low fuel light comes on, nothing there. All good.

Then - gurgle, gurgle, burp, nothing. Quickly pull in the clutch, on with the hazard lights. Lucky I am near an exit.. Look in the tank, you guessed it, no gas. I turn the ignition on and off, and voila! There is the low fuel warning light, it helpfully comes on after you have completely run out of gas.

A one km walk to the gas station. They are heavy bikes to push, let me tell you.
Like I said earlier, I just don't trust it. Mine comes on and goes off 20times before it stays on, and then I'm out, if I hit 140 mi. its straight to the gas station!thumb up

·
Registered
690 Posts
Please don't trust an idiot light...... They are called idiot lights for a reason ;) . Learn to watch your odometer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After shelling out 16K plus for this bike I exspect every option on the bike to work.
If not I will be asking first for a refund. If that don't happen I will contact my attorney and file a law suite.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
...Will be taking bike back to dealer for fix of replacement of bike.
Not to be a jerk but replacement of the bike? That will never happen over a fuel light not coming on. That said I am sure they will fix it.
After shelling out 16K plus for this bike I exspect every option on the bike to work.
If not I will be asking first for a refund. If that don't happen I will contact my attorney and file a law suite.
I understand your frustration, but that's what the warranty is for. There are expected faliures with anything man made. The doo-hickie broke, it will get fixed, and the manufacturer's warranty will pay for it. How do you figure they should replace the whole bike? If your bike came with an "unbreakable or your money back" guarantee, then you might have a case. Otherwise you're wasting your lawyer's time. wac

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Lol, it's not like you blew your engine. Ya it's a piss off but really think you're over reacting, that's what warranty is for, take a deep breath.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
All I got to say is WOW, good thing nothing blew up or who knows what you would do. I never trust the fuel gauge or the low fuel idiot light, always zero out the trip meter and go by it. Take it to the dealer and let your warranty take care of it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The moron mechanic does not believe what I told him after talking to the parts manager on how to check the fuel light. Did as instructed, mechanic says he will need a couple days to test unit. Which is bullchit, bike will be delivered with less than 1 gal of gas in tank, should be an easy tell.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Pours in the 1 gal of fuel, rode to gas station refilled 1gal can, rode 47.3miles, bike out of gas, fuel light comes on after coasting to a stop.

Will be taking bike back to dealer for fix of replacement of bike.
I don't understand why you purposely ran your bike out of gas twice?
Do ya want 'em to replace the fuel pump you coulda damaged by doing this as well?

·
Registered
16 Posts
How is it you can spell attorney but not lawsuit?:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
For me, 2013 Judge, new, Australian delivered. Second day from dealers. I have put 300 km on a sunny Sunday.
So, you have gone from Boulevard to Judge. I was eying off the 109 but after eight or so months researching I have finally decided on the BW.

So how do you find the Judge aside of the initial teething problem?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My fuel gauge and low-fuel light are dirty liars too...but I know I can hit 200 miles on a tank and after that best start looking for a place to get gas. I know I get 43-45 mpg on the slab, I know I have a 5.8 gallon tank, and knowing that means I don't even need the damn fuel gauge.

But yeah, you got a faulty low-fuel sensor, and they should replace it under warranty. It's not a big deal, sometimes electronics squeak through QA even when they don't work. Now, the tech treating you like you don't know something's wrong, that's not okay. Talk to his boss if he doesn't tank you seriously. If the service manager blows you off, talk to the general manager. Rattle cages until you get it fixed.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Simple, useing I-phone and it sometimes refuses to spell words as it should.
Are you going to ask Apple for a new one, or else call the lawyer, or what? :D Sorry, now you've got yourself lined up for having your chops busted. cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't understand why you purposely ran your bike out of gas twice?
Do ya want 'em to replace the fuel pump you coulda damaged by doing this as well?
I was following the instructions of the shop owner, he is the one who told me to take a 1 gal can of gas, strap it to the bike and ride until the yellow warning light came on, than ride until out of gas to determin how far I could go after the yellow warning light came on.

Well the yellow warning light never came on, the light came on red just as the bike ran out of gas.
So I poured in the 1 gal of gas, rode to the gas station, refilled the 1 gal can with gas and rode until I ran out of gas to see how far I could go on 1 gal of gas.
This is what I was told to do by the owner of the shop.

They yellow warning light never came on during the 1 gal trip, according to the woners manual it should have came on when there was 1 gal or less of gas un the tank.

Rode 47.5 miles, average speed 60mph, 6th gear, when the motor sputtered to a stop, no warning light of either color, coasted to a stop, that when the red light came on indacating I was out of fuel.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Droped the bike off at the shop this morning, talked to the owner, he said he and I know the fuel sensor light does not work, but in order to get it covered under warrenty the mechanic has to run test on it to get the resistance numbers to Polaris so they can determing if it is a bad sensor.

Go figure, have to run a bunch of test and run up the bill just to replace what is known to be faulty/bad.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts