Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Can i ask why a person would blip the throttle on downshift anyway? Not something i have ever done, but yes i heard vics dont like it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I for one am not arguing with you, I just had the arguement the other day with Victory1 from this site. He said this is not a common problem, hmm. I just have seen many people get upset over the blipping and ive never understood the why of it. I dont do it, but i can without it dying. You must have to many "hodge podge mods" done to it and have witchdoctor parts on it!

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I think the bike needs to go back and you should get a different bike altogether. I thought there was a 30 day or something satisfaction deal?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
On the older bikes, HD and carbureted models this was the only way to keep the motor from stalling. You will notice HD riders still blip ( I do only on my new HD EFI bike) to keep from stalling or falling flat. Keep the revs up to take off or to down shift to hit the gear right. Old technology on a new bike (transmission) with a lean EFI burn causes a HD to stumble. And also they are a cold nature bike, takes awhile to get it up to operational temperature. If you do not it will hesitate and stall. The timing is set for the rumble not for maximum horse power. If these engines was truly balanced they would purr and make little noise.
Not to argue but my last bike had 4 carbs and i never had to blip the throttle to keep it running.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Im still on the OPs side with this, its brand new, it should run like new, if not take it back to where you got it and get a different one, or at least you should not take any loss whatever you do. You shouldnt have to put any money into it to get it to run like new, only to improve upon it.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Like ive said previously, these issues with brand new bikes not running right is a bigger problem then we know because no one says anything, they should go back to the dealer either for a fix or return. A person should NOT have to unhook O2s to get a brand new bike to run right, or add parts. I must have gotten a good one though, 29 degrees this morning after work, heavily frosted over, fired right up and ran perfect for my 40 mile trip home, no coughing, sputtering, stalling, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I think theres more then we hear about. To many people that just deal with it, look how many threads there are that people have chimed in and said theyve had stalling and hesitating and popping issues on bone stock bikes and either just have dealt with it or have added parts to fix it. Im by no means bashing victory, I love mine, but those people like the OP that are having troubles would have possibly benefitted from the many that have had troubles that should have taken them back in and made it known that there are issues, maybe something would have been done.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
You are very right..... A lot are afraid to rock the boat. Some have issues and dont want to admit to anyone there is a problem. Some believe the BS that are fead them and live with a statement like Vics dont like to be blipped - change your riding style....

I am going to try plugs and maybe different gaps. It seems when it does this it pukes out the intake then stalls. like it hung a valve or something.
I run champion RA6HC in mine with good luck, it one step cooler plug but mine seems to like them just a bit better. I also had run RA8GHC which is the cross to the stock ngk, I avoid ngk as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
robvision, do you have a controller? what kind? what bike?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Sorry, didnt see it posted and with the app i dont see signatures, thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
The screw you adjusted as your idle screw i dont believe is suppose to be messed with.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I did the thrush mod first and the cats later, i noticed almost no sound difference without the cats.

is there a way to check the sync on these, like a carb bike?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I think we all need to understand what "blipping" is. After all this my understanding the blipping these guys are referring to is rev matching? I think what the rest of us are thinking blipping is is the quick rev we hear people doing at stop lights, little blips of the throttle to hear it, and in the carb days, to keep it running.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts