Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Being this is a safety issue (bike stalling could get you hurt), they either need to fix it or buy it back. With their guarantee of "If you're not happy we'll buy it back" I don't see where they can tell you no. Try the other dealer. If they can't fix it either, demand they take it back... or give you one that doesn't do that.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Still waiting for you to show where anyone can buy that Victory software and specialty tools. The link you provided is for Victory Dealer purchase only slugger.
1st off, why bring that up here?

Secondly, Lloydz isn't a dealer... he has it.

It would be cost prohibitive as hell (and a Power Commander is WAY cheaper), but if a guy was bat-sh!t crazy enough to think he needed it and wanted it badly enough, they would sell it to him.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Just admit that any Tom, Dick or Harry can't just buy Victory software
Federal law (Right to Repair Act, specifically) requires that manufacturers make all tools and diagnostic aids available to owners of their vehicles... car, truck, motorcycle, whatever. They may say 'dealer only' but they have to sell it to you by law. What they will do is make it extremely expensive/cost prohibitive to purchase.

To quote Tom and Harry, "Don't be a Dick".

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Wow... just wow... this is embarrassing.

Mentioning blipping the throttle in this place is like saying "Ain't that just like a woman?" in a room full of women. Baffling that a bunch of motorcycle riders don't rev-match downshifts... even more baffling that the first thing they think of is the SouthPark video of the '***' bikers.

Then, we have the grand historian enter the thread to bring up every debate that was ever had in other threads... completely unrelated to this topic of course... for no apparent reason. Of course having nothing to offer on this topic, just ruining the thread for others. I am equally guilty, I imagine, for responding to him.

Now we get the obligatory "you might be a troll" comment, which is completely unfounded.

I apologize for this thread and how it went for ya. I hope you get the bike taken care of.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Rev matching is not blipping. Blipping is just to make noise
Semantics... How does one achieve a rev-matched downshift? By giving the throttle A BLIP before you let the clutch back out.

http://www.trackdaymag.com/thementalaspect/283-throttle-blipping-for-downshifts.html

http://www.sportrider.com/ride/rss/146_0402_shift_blip_throttle

The OP is obviously NOT talking about reving the bike in neutral to make noise. He is talking about riding the bike the way an experienced rider does it. Aggressive? No. Proper technique? Yes.

If I gave my throttle a blip and the bike shut off... I can't tell you how pissed off I would be. If it continued to happen I'd have 6 'mother fuckers' a minute coming out of me. It is imperative that the bike respond to throttle input without lag or 'blip failure' (cough back thru the airbox and fail to rev).

If I was told "Don't blip the throttle" I would assume the speaker either 1) didn't know how to ride a motorcycle, or 2) thought I didn't.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Rev matching on a downshift is deliberately increasing the RPMs from somewhere above idle to a very specific RPM well above idle so that the transmission internals are all spinning at the right speed for the next gear down, making for a smooth shift and well controlled engine braking.
Accomplished with a short duration 'blip' of the throttle.

Blipping the throttle is increasing the RPMs for a brief period from idle to a random point with the sole purpose of making noise.
A 'blip', which is by definition very short duration, would not get the desired result. More than a 'blip' is required for noise making.

Again, it's semantics. People applying their own meaning to a word or phrase. Your definition is different than mine.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
No manufacture is required by law to allow anyone who is not authorized to log into their computers systems.
Using digital wrench does not give you access to any corporate information. It is a diagnostic software. All you can access online is OEM maps. If you want to load a stage 1 or map other than OEM, you would have to pay for it separately. It is not carte blanche to access Polaris servers.

You will have to pay for the software, the connection hardware, and also pay for a limited license/authorization to log-in. If it is a diagnostic tool (which is exactly what it is) they are obligated to sell it to you by law. Of course, they are going to charge you an arm, leg, eye, and several teeth... but they'll sell it.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
HC
Your bike is heavily modified, what fuel controller are you using?
Power Commander

I don't like fuel controllers that need a map. Is there one out there that would allow you to change the amount of fuel when twisting the throttle from idle. Like a accelerator pump on a old style carb. I really believe this stall is a poor air/fuel ratio when revving from idle.
The Power Commander has an 'accelerator pump' feature, but that is probably not your issue. Your issue is with the IAV and a lean mixture.

Unplugging the O2s does nothing for stalling on my bike. Did kill my mileage though.... So it seems its not changing (much) just off idle.
Look, you can go back and forth, change this, unplug that... but you are NOT tuning the bike. Buy something to tune it with... have it tuned by someone who knows what they're doing... BE HAPPY with your bike. Anything less is settling.

We Just had KMC up here. SO MANY people who were experiencing issues are riding happy now. There are several VFCs, Auto Tune modules, and a Cobra Powr-Pro for sale now too.

I rode Rob's bike with his newly discovered 119 HP... It doesn't hesitate, pop, fail to rev on a blip, or have ANY drivability issues. PC-V and a damned good dyno tune. Runs like a Swiss watch.

My own bike was dyno tuned (Kyle) coming up on two years ago. It still runs perfect and gets killer fuel mileage. The tune paid for itself in fuel savings alone.

If you don't like the way the bike runs, do something about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts