Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Well if your riding hard and there is a corner coming up or have to make a quick stop blipping is necessary. If you don't blip you run the risk of a compression slide and loss of control. Talk to any racer and they will give you the same answer. Or just watch a superbike / supercross / motocross / supermotard race.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Cool victory is making a Superbike now? :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hell Ferraris only come with paddle shifters these days, but even still, when you pull the down shift paddle, its blips the throttle by itself, ups the revs, and down shifts. ( I do understand thats a car and a totally other subject) but there is a reason for why you do it and I would certainly say its not a bad habit.

So... can i get a Ferrari Red Victory with paddle shift??
These are not Superbikes, or Ferraris.
Why people use these for reference I will never understand.
I do feel for you, with the dealer not being able to take care of your problem though.
Hell, you're probably close enough to make a day trip up to see Lloyd.
A phone call to Lloydz, Rylan of The Vic Shop, or KevinX at Gainesville Polaris??? should gain you some of the best advice you'll ever get.
I understand your racing background, but it's not a racing bike.
A lot of the street bike blipping comes from the carb days to keep the motor from loading up with fuel.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
So... can i get a Ferrari Red Victory with paddle shift??
These are not Superbikes, or Ferraris.
Why people use these for reference I will never understand.
Because people who buy such sporting machines know how to use engine braking properly.

It surprises me that after seeing you drive the NASCAR with such gusto, that you question basic engine control skillz. Guess in a NASCAR ovals, sudden changes aren't part of the program. But if you ever get out of your beat up Michigan roads and into the mountains, you'll have a sudden epiphany as to what people are talking about.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I think we all need to understand what "blipping" is. After all this my understanding the blipping these guys are referring to is rev matching? I think what the rest of us are thinking blipping is is the quick rev we hear people doing at stop lights, little blips of the throttle to hear it, and in the carb days, to keep it running.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
13,318 Posts
he has a bad ecm or a bad coil or bad connection

blipping the throttle has nothing to do with the back firing hes getting

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had the stalling issue. Mine was accompanied by the blue light in the spedo and the headlight dimming and then coming back up to full brightness. The check engine light would come on normally and a stall was eminent. I changed the plugs and wires out and thought wrongly that I had corrected the issue. Long story short. The issue was the main circuit breaker. Had that replaced under warranty and the issue is gone. No stalling even when I blip.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
20 Posts
Stop trying to ride it like a sport bike, it is not a high revving multi cylinder water cooled engine. It is a low revving V-Twin that is known to not like blipping the throttle.

Further an experienced knowledgeable rider would roll the throttle to match the revs not blipping the throttle.

Apparently the Victory software can detect your blipping the throttle as a run away engine and can shut it down to protect it. Again Victory's are not 16,000 RPM water cooled sport bikes, they are Air/Oil Cooled low RPM twin cylinder long stroke engines.

Me thinks you are causing most of your own problems due to not knowing how to operate a V-Twin engine.

You would be far better off selling the Victory and buying another Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha sport bike that you can blip the throttle all day long on. You might want to try learning how to match the revs instead of blipping as that will make you a much better operator.
I know all this is from long ago but may come up by someone searching for blipping the throttle as I did. Anyway I was doing the blipping thing while downshifting and noticed a lot of exhaust pops while doing it. I stopped the blipping and it stopped the popping. I just downshift as my speed lowers enough to go to the next lowest gear without excessive revving or tire sliding. This has worked out well for me, downshifts are smother and have eliminated any and all popping exhaust at all times.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know all this is from long ago but may come up by someone searching for blipping the throttle as I did. Anyway I was doing the blipping thing while downshifting and noticed a lot of exhaust pops while doing it. I stopped the blipping and it stopped the popping. I just downshift as my speed lowers enough to go to the next lowest gear without excessive revving or tire sliding. This has worked out well for me, downshifts are smother and have eliminated any and all popping exhaust at all times.
9 year old thread.

181 - 193 of 193 Posts