Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Sorry, didnt see it posted and with the app i dont see signatures, thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yes it is very rich V1
I think your right VJ

I have to say though. What I have done has made a huge difference in power and sound.

I am a picky old bastard and get pissed off easy. I am an aggressive rider. I was never impressed with the sound or power of my bike.
But since adding the goodies this bike is so different than it was stock.

The throttle response is impressive. The pull from as low as 2k is massive. And it pulls harder harder until the rev limiter cuts in.

I sure like to know what it's producing compared to the way it was stock.

I drilled the pipes a while back and it didn't sound good. Had cloudy strange sound. But since the add ons that has changed. It has a raspy v-twin sound that I can't get enough of.

I get all pissed at it when it stalls but for a big heavy bike it really hauls ass. And I love riding it. Love the look of it.
And am damn proud to own it.......... (When it doesn't stall)

·
13,318 Posts
Now that settings I gave is just a starting point.
Take those settings and ride a good hundred miles or so.
Take your time adjust the settings even make your self some notes. Don't go out and change it ten times in one ride do it slowly.
I'm guessing you don't have a good dyno where your at so call the Vic shop or Lloydz and ask for help. There good guys and as you know they know there stuff.
Good Luck

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hey guys,

I am the owner of a new 2013 8 Ball, I bought it brand new last month from Hernleys in Elizabethtown PA. Ive been riding since I was 12, ( Ill be 24 soon). Raced motorcross, track days all over the east coast on sportbikes, you name it Ive probably been there, so I consider myself an experienced rider, as well as a Mechanic as that is my profession.

Id just like to get that out there so nobody thinks im new to this.

Anyway,

Within the first 50 miles of a brandnew bike, it shut off on me 4 or 5 times. All of them happen as soon as I pulled in the clutch to downshift. Just shut right off. I took the bike back to the dealer, waited around an hour and was told they found a loose nut on one of the circuits and hopefully it was fixed.

Around a week after that, it has shut off on me several more times, not even 150 miles on the bike yet. Again, each time it happened it was as soon as I pulled the clutch in to down shift. Back to Hernleys.

I took the bike back monday sept 30th. It took over 9 days to get my bike back, as I picked it up October 9th. They told me twice they didnt get a chance to get around to looking at it, and then we had to wait for a part.

I was told they replace the Idle Air Control valve and that, Duane, the owner wanted to talk to me. So we talked, and what he told me was this.

That they went ahead and replaced that part, but it was likely my fault the bike was stalling because;

I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO REV THE BIKE, AT ALL, AS IT CONFUSES THE FUEL INJECTION. DONT REV IT WHEN YOUR SITTING STILL, AND DONT REV IT TO DOWN SHIFT, JUST PULL IN THE CLUTCH AND SHIFT.

Seriously?! I cant rev my bike to down shift??? He said it as if it was a normal thing and no big deal.

Anyway I took the bike home, 15 miles later it has shut off twice, and it is now back firing a good bit, random pops, poor bottom end, as well as throttle responce.

Oddly yesterday while riding I ran into another Vic owner. Bought his bike from the same place, was having similar issues, and got the same story, DONT REV THE BIKE. I thought this was weird.

So today I called two other semi local dealers.

The first I called was not suprised to hear from me, in fact he seemed to know my story before I told it, and said they fixed 8 or 9 bikes, all that were bought from Hernleys within the past few months due to bad service and a rude owner.

He was familiar with my issue and told me that they had seen several fuel injector issues, poor seating of the injector, or bad orings on them, so this may be part of my issue, but he said there is no reason at all why I should not be able to rev the engine for down shifts, as we all know thats what you do with any manual gear box.

Also while my bike was at Hernleys the 2nd time it got a nice scratch on the side cover, probably from someones boot as they went to get off the bike. The owner "buffed it out", well guess what, the scratch is still there and he could care less.

So thats my story.

A brand new bike that runs like crap, serveral people from the same dealer with similiar problems and no help from the origial dealer, and im being told, NOT TO REV THE ENGINE, like its a normal thing for these bikes.

Sorry for the long read, but has anyone had these issues or is aware of a fuel injection issue, electronics problem etc etc? This is a real low blow for me as I have a brand new bike that seems to be getting worse and worse with each mile.

Thanks,
Shane
Shane look what I found on another forum

I have had my Cross country tour since march. From the begining it has had a stalling issue. As I was slowing and down shifting the bike would simply shut off. This had happened about twelve to fifteen times in 2500 miles. The shop could not duplicate the problem at the first service. I took it in again last week. Before I did, I contacted Victory customer service. They had not heard of this problem. So they gave me the regional dealership that over sees my area. They thought it might be the injectors leaking. the injector seals or maybe even the intake. They did not have any technical service bulletins but they had heard of the problem. The test showed the seals and intake to be okay. The next idea lead to the clutch switch. Since the stalling happened as I down shifted. The shop replaced the clutch switch and this fixed the problem. Seems simple, but there was never anything definate pointing towards the switch. I think I've read a couple of other people with similar problems of stalling. As I said, this condition was from day one for me. So right from the start it had a bad switch. The computer and trans were not communicating correctly. By the way, I live in Illinois and my regional dealer is in PA.

I have disconnected my clutch switch.
You should disconnect yours. It's a simple plug.

I can't see this as the issue.

Does your bike even have this clutch switch????

There is a bunch of people with this issue. Some have had the issue go away all by its self....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys,

I am the owner of a new 2013 8 Ball, I bought it brand new last month from Hernleys in Elizabethtown PA. Ive been riding since I was 12, ( Ill be 24 soon). Raced motorcross, track days all over the east coast on sportbikes, you name it Ive probably been there, so I consider myself an experienced rider, as well as a Mechanic as that is my profession.

Id just like to get that out there so nobody thinks im new to this.

Anyway,

Within the first 50 miles of a brandnew bike, it shut off on me 4 or 5 times. All of them happen as soon as I pulled in the clutch to downshift. Just shut right off. I took the bike back to the dealer, waited around an hour and was told they found a loose nut on one of the circuits and hopefully it was fixed.

Around a week after that, it has shut off on me several more times, not even 150 miles on the bike yet. Again, each time it happened it was as soon as I pulled the clutch in to down shift. Back to Hernleys.

I took the bike back monday sept 30th. It took over 9 days to get my bike back, as I picked it up October 9th. They told me twice they didnt get a chance to get around to looking at it, and then we had to wait for a part.

I was told they replace the Idle Air Control valve and that, Duane, the owner wanted to talk to me. So we talked, and what he told me was this.

That they went ahead and replaced that part, but it was likely my fault the bike was stalling because;

I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO REV THE BIKE, AT ALL, AS IT CONFUSES THE FUEL INJECTION. DONT REV IT WHEN YOUR SITTING STILL, AND DONT REV IT TO DOWN SHIFT, JUST PULL IN THE CLUTCH AND SHIFT.

Seriously?! I cant rev my bike to down shift??? He said it as if it was a normal thing and no big deal.

Anyway I took the bike home, 15 miles later it has shut off twice, and it is now back firing a good bit, random pops, poor bottom end, as well as throttle responce.

Oddly yesterday while riding I ran into another Vic owner. Bought his bike from the same place, was having similar issues, and got the same story, DONT REV THE BIKE. I thought this was weird.

So today I called two other semi local dealers.

The first I called was not suprised to hear from me, in fact he seemed to know my story before I told it, and said they fixed 8 or 9 bikes, all that were bought from Hernleys within the past few months due to bad service and a rude owner.

He was familiar with my issue and told me that they had seen several fuel injector issues, poor seating of the injector, or bad orings on them, so this may be part of my issue, but he said there is no reason at all why I should not be able to rev the engine for down shifts, as we all know thats what you do with any manual gear box.

Also while my bike was at Hernleys the 2nd time it got a nice scratch on the side cover, probably from someones boot as they went to get off the bike. The owner "buffed it out", well guess what, the scratch is still there and he could care less.

So thats my story.

A brand new bike that runs like crap, serveral people from the same dealer with similiar problems and no help from the origial dealer, and im being told, NOT TO REV THE ENGINE, like its a normal thing for these bikes.

Sorry for the long read, but has anyone had these issues or is aware of a fuel injection issue, electronics problem etc etc? This is a real low blow for me as I have a brand new bike that seems to be getting worse and worse with each mile.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane-

I have the same bike as you. I picked it up this summer. Anyways, the same thing happened the first 2 days of ownership. I took it back to the dealer. They said it needed to be reprogrammed, which they did and it took about 2 hours in total. As I waited, I demo'd the rest of the victory line up and GM bought me lunch.
I say, write an official letter to Victory ( dont be mad and sound like a crazy guy). But calmly state your points and give them a timeline of what transpired and what actions the dealer took.

Also send a copy of the same letter to the Dealer's GM and Owner. Addtionally post it on VIC FORUMS and the ***. Then, pause and wait for effect. I guarantee you will be taken care of. Once complete, find another dealer and enjoy your Vegas.

I have 6K miles on mine. I have owned all kinds of bikes and rented and test drove many many models. From Sport, to dirt, to cruisers.
The Vegas is a solid bike- trust me.

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
I see the same people are still giving 1001 pieces of advice and not a single one of them has a clue.

You have another dealer whom you talked to who has told you he can fix your bike yet you still have not given this other dealer a chance to correct the problem/s you are complaining about.

You need to stop pissing, bitching and moaning and take the bike to the other dealer and let them look at it and see if they can fix it.

I take it your ride with the dealer you have went to you were unable to duplicate the conditions you are complaining about on that ride you said you and the dealer were going to do.

I know you don't like to hear anything except from those who agree with you, but has anyone tested the emergency engine cut off switch to make sure it is not the problem? I guess that makes 1002 pieces of advice now.
First, I havent taken it to that dealer yet because Im unsure of them. I got two private messages from two users on this board regarding that dealership that had used them in the past. Both had negative things to say and seemed like they left with more problems then when they showed up.

So perhaps they arent as solid as they sound.

Second, yet again your assuming that I went on a ride with the dealer.

"I take it your ride with the dealer you have went to you were unable to duplicate the conditions you are complaining about on that ride you said you and the dealer were going to do".

Wrong Again! Like I said quit assuming because youve been wrong every time.

I work 12 hours a day all week long, havent had a single day off in months now. As I explained to the dealer, I simply dont have time to go on a ride with him, even if I did, its a waste of time. They can ride it themselves and find the problem, only issue there is they only ride it a mile up the road and back.

·
13,318 Posts
Fastfords90
hope you get some time off soon. I all so hope you try that un-hooking the clutch switch to see if your problem goes away.
Good Luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Thanks, like I said its just a hassle and my schedule doesnt allow it at the moment, then when I find the time to ride the bike to leave it at the dealer, nobody is around to pick me up to bring me home so im sort of stuck until time allows it.

Im going to unhook the switch and test it out for sure and see what happens.

As i posted a few pages ago, I mentioned about the switch to my dealer and he seemed to have no belief that it was the switch and no interest in checking, or replacing it.

Thats the service im getting. I spend 13 grand and you wont replace a 5 dollar switch thats under warranty.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thats the service im getting. I spend 13 grand and you wont replace a 5 dollar switch thats under warranty.
Or even test the damn thing.

If this dealer is willing to do a ride along so that you can demonstrate the problem, I would schedule some time off and take them up on it. Sometimes it is hard for a tech to recreate the problem, especially when it has to do with rideability issues. You obviously have their ear, or the offer would not have been made.

Only commit if they can assure you that they are going to spend enough time on the road to thoroughly demonstrate the issue. Make sure they understand you are loosing $$$ by just showing up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
The clutch switch has no function that would shut the bike off.

·
Registered
511 Posts
First, I havent taken it to that dealer yet because Im unsure of them. I got two private messages from two users on this board regarding that dealership that had used them in the past. Both had negative things to say and seemed like they left with more problems then when they showed up.

So perhaps they arent as solid as they sound.

Second, yet again your assuming that I went on a ride with the dealer.

"I take it your ride with the dealer you have went to you were unable to duplicate the conditions you are complaining about on that ride you said you and the dealer were going to do".

Wrong Again! Like I said quit assuming because youve been wrong every time.

I work 12 hours a day all week long, havent had a single day off in months now. As I explained to the dealer, I simply dont have time to go on a ride with him, even if I did, its a waste of time. They can ride it themselves and find the problem, only issue there is they only ride it a mile up the road and back.
Lets get this correct. You are still piss, bitching and moaning and are not allowing the dealer to even have a shot at fixing it.

Now you are against two Victory dealers who you have openly admitted have tried to assist you.

Sell the Victory and buy your damn sport bike or better yet go join the flock of sheep at Harley.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Maybe not a function, but what if it's shorting to something causing a voltage glitch that kills/resets the ECU?
Then it isn't the switch, it's a short.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Vic 1 this ain't even my thread and your pissing me off. It's crotchety old pricks like you that give nice old guys a bad name. Do the world a favour and stop speaking.

LOL, it is young guys like you and the original poster who refuses to take his bike to a Victory dealer but complains about it in these forums that give you young entitlement generation a bad name.

·
Registered
545 Posts
LOL, it is young guys like you and the original poster who refuses to take his bike to a Victory dealer but complains about it in these forums that give you young entitlement generation a bad name.
Lol. It's people like you that buy products with out researching them first. Then pay to much and come on forums, like this one, and complain about it.

I'm one of those almost young guys that never takes mine to the dealer and won't complain because it's paid for. If I screw it up then I'll take responsibility for my actions and/or lack of knowledge of what I was working on. Can you say that about yourself....

Sorry OP not trying to highjack your thread....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Lets get this correct. You are still piss, bitching and moaning and are not allowing the dealer to even have a shot at fixing it.

Now you are against two Victory dealers who you have openly admitted have tried to assist you.

Sell the Victory and buy your damn sport bike or better yet go join the flock of sheep at Harley.
Lol your killin me man, where you you come up with this stuff?!

After doing more research, at the moment I dont feel comfortable taking it to the other dealer, I have nothing against them, just dont feel they are who I want to work on my bike. Simple as that.

I WILL take my bike back for the 3rd time to the dealer I bought it from. At this point im extremely swampped and ive been trying to check some things out myself that I've talk with Rylan about.

Ive have to miss several hours of work both times already to deal with my bike, im not happy about losing money, nor is my employer about me not being there.

Seriously as I've respectfully asked before, why dont you just take a hike from this thread.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Also why do you say im refusing, if you read my original post, it clearly states the bike was taken back within its first 50 miles, then taken back the second time and it spent 10 days at the dealer before it even had 150 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Here is some old guy advice to help you get this thing under control.

No job is worth seven twelves to the point where it is between you and the things you work for. Gotta make hay while the sun shines but there's hay and then there's sunshine. Both are worth spending time on.

I used to have it backwards. I worked so I could get more motorcycles. Now I motorcycle so I can get less work.

One other thing, if the boss expects seven twelves out of a man, the boss can't do math. Keep the bike, fix the job.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Pop, give the kid a break. He has a bike that has darned near no miles on it yet but has plenty of shop time. I am no kid at 66 years old but I think I would be at least as pissed in his position. He is missing work to get his bike right, which should never be needed. At such low mileage the bike should just work every time he gets on it, like mine does.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts