Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone seen or have any experience with the ripper pipes and there anger management system? I was thinking about putting the Victory Ripper pipes with the Designer Heat Shields on my new 2012 8 ball. But do I really need the angermanegment system or can I re-map the bike with out it? Check out there this link and let me know. Thanks!

http://www.hackercustomexhaust.com/products/victory.php

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey man I just bought the ripper pipes from that website. They should be delivered by friday and I should have them on on Saturday. what was explained to me was that the AMS system that comes with the pipes is there so you don't have to dyno the bike. Don't know how much of that is true I will let you know after Saturday!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man I just bought the ripper pipes from that website. They should be delivered by friday and I should have them on on Saturday. what was explained to me was that the AMS system that comes with the pipes is there so you don't have to dyno the bike. Don't know how much of that is true I will let you know after Saturday!
Great let me know. I hope you like loud...lol did you get the baffles for them?

·
Registered
56 Posts
No I didn't. I'm hoping they are real loud I live on a military installation and I am looking forward to pissing people off when I head off to work in the mornings!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I'm waiting on that exact setup. Ordered them back in January. Finally got a tracking # from them last week. Fedex is supposed to deliver this Tues. My local dealer loves these pipes but says he doesnt sell many because most people don't want to wait for them. Will post pics when I get them on. FYI the ripper pipes come with baffles in them. They are easily removed if you wish. They also have a quiet baffle thats optional. I ordered the quiet ones because I live in an apartment complex and leave early every morning. They told me the standard baffles are about 105 db and the quiet ones are about 95 db

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm waiting on that exact setup. Ordered them back in January. Finally got a tracking # from them last week. Fedex is supposed to deliver this Tues. My local dealer loves these pipes but says he doesnt sell many because most people don't want to wait for them. Will post pics when I get them on. FYI the ripper pipes come with baffles in them. They are easily removed if you wish. They also have a quiet baffle thats optional. I ordered the quiet ones because I live in an apartment complex and leave early every morning. They told me the standard baffles are about 105 db and the quiet ones are about 95 db
It took that long for you to get the pipes? What do they make them when people order them? Seem like a long time to get a set of pipes.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Yea they told me 2 to 3 weeks when I ordered them, They are actually only a week late off of that, because Fedex has had them for a week.(hate Fedex Ground 7 days from California to NJ) They are finally coming today. I wasn't worried about the delays because Feb is not usually riding weather. But the weather has been awesome this year gonna be 60 tommorrow and I will have those pipes on tonight and be riding it tommorrow.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Rippers came today. Perfect fit I really like them, loud but not obnoxous. AMS module was a piece of cake to install and easy to program. Hardest part of the whole job was trying to get to the front injector with tearing half the bike apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rippers came today. Perfect fit I really like them, loud but not obnoxous. AMS module was a piece of cake to install and easy to program. Hardest part of the whole job was trying to get to the front injector with tearing half the bike apart.
Hey Joey B! How are the new pipes. Did you need a computer to remap the bike with the AMS??

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Put about 100 miles on the bike today. I really love these pipes. Seat of the pants I definetly feel an improvement. Throttle response is much better and found my self hitting the rev limiter a couple of times when passing. As far as the AMS, it's real easy to install it's plug and play no splicing (the hardest part is getting to the injector connectors under the gas tank) There are 3 buttons on the control to program it with(no laptop) The pipes come with a setup sheet with recommended settings. I used those and they seem to be dead on.

·
Registered
573 Posts
No I didn't. I'm hoping they are real loud I live on a military installation and I am looking forward to pissing people off when I head off to work in the mornings!
No offense, but I hope you stay on the base. Motorcyclist have enuf issues without folks actually trying to

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put about 100 miles on the bike today. I really love these pipes. Seat of the pants I definetly feel an improvement. Throttle response is much better and found my self hitting the rev limiter a couple of times when passing. As far as the AMS, it's real easy to install it's plug and play no splicing (the hardest part is getting to the injector connectors under the gas tank) There are 3 buttons on the control to program it with(no laptop) The pipes come with a setup sheet with recommended settings. I used those and they seem to be dead on.
Did you have to modify the air breather?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
No just put in a K&N Replacement filter in the stock air box. I was going to install a vented cover but Victory doesn't make one for a 2011. It appears they opened up the openings on the stock cover for the 11's. It got into the 70's today here in NJ put another 60 miles on the bike today. I did miss riding after the winter and with the new pipes the bike is more fun to ride.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Yea I've seen that thread and there are a few other people on this forum who don't have anything good to say about Hacker. I admit I was a little wary based on some of these threads. I did a little more research and found out that the AMS module is made by Dobeck Performance and rebranded by Hacker. I believe this same company also makes the Lyods fuel controller and maybe several others. So far I have nothing but good things to say about Hacker. I spoke with my local dealer here in NJ who are big into mods on these bikes and the only thing bad they had to say about hacker was they are slow to get things from, other than that they love the rippers. I didn't have any fitment issues (my pipes dont come any closer to anything than the stock exhaust did) My bike definetly got a power boost as well great looks and sound. In my opinion a win all the way around.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know what kind of pipes are on my 06 got the bike with them on it and had them jet hot coated. I like the sound and they cool off quick with the coating

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts