Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2014 XCT Saturday and now wondering what the first mods should be. I'm not looking to spend much money at this point, just want to see what the thoughts are and in what order should I be doing things. Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
1/4 turn throttle?
a little device that increase the throttle response by increasing the diameter of the cable spool within the hand grip. Not sure if throttle response is the right term.... it just increases the rate that the throttle opens for any given turn of the throttle.

Larry

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Picked up a 2014 XCT Saturday and now wondering what the first mods should be. I'm not looking to spend much money at this point, just want to see what the thoughts are and in what order should I be doing things. Thanks!
Take it on a trip somewhere.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Picked up a 2014 XCT Saturday and now wondering what the first mods should be. I'm not looking to spend much money Thanks!
Sorry to tell you this, Buddy----you made a big mistake :D

credit card number, please.....................................when you are ready :D (I hear it in my sleep)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to tell you this, Buddy----you made a big mistake :D

credit card number, please.....................................when you are ready :D (I hear it in my sleep)
Hahaha, I know, I'm only fooling myself. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tips. Sounds like I should do the throttle, the ATS and take a trip. cheers

·
Registered
848 Posts
Why do you want to mod the bike?

What is your goal?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Now what? RIDE!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why do you want to mod the bike?

What is your goal?
I'm not sure. Guess I've read lots of posts about the O2s, timing, air filters etc and was curious about them.

I guess my goal would be better performance, better gas mileage? Not that it's bad, but better is always good as long as its not hurting the bike in any way.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
When you get back from that trip get the timing wheel and a new gasket for the cover. My wrist can turn further if I want more fuel but the only way to affect the timing at the low end is the wheel. Averages about 4 ft-lb and 4 HP at peak at the rear wheel. For a $162 total cost how could you go wrong?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When you get back from that trip get the timing wheel and a new gasket for the cover. My wrist can turn further if I want more fuel but the only way to affect the timing at the low end is the wheel. Averages about 4 ft-lb and 4 HP at peak at the rear wheel. For a $162 total cost how could you go wrong?
I will take that advice! Thanks

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
That's with 4 degrees advance. You may as well figure 1 tq and 1 hp per degree. Most of these X bikes are easily taking 6 degrees. While disconnecting the 02s will richen the mixture for 90% of the bikes...and is it too rich or not rich enough? The 0ther 10% it actually makes it worse. Is yours one of the 10%?? Play it smart and put a tuner with that ATS. For under $700 you can get the ATS, 1/4 turn throttle, Lloydz hi flow intake and dobeck's AFR+ tuner. That combination right there will bring the front wheel up, get the same or even better gas mileage and the air fuel ratio remains just where it needs to be in any given situation, keeping your engine in good shape. All plug and play, easy installs and the tuner doesn't need any settings changes, it's set correct right out of the box. 3 hours of work tops and you'll never regret it!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Ride it first, then mod it. And by ride it I don't mean for a day or two around your block. Put some real miles on it before you touch it. Why? Because you will appreciate your mods far more when you know the bike well enough to see the difference the mods made. It will also give you an idea of how the bike behaves as is which will bring out anything that you may not like or want to improve, then you can focus your mod budget on those things instead of blindly throwing money at parts chasing after some nebulous idea like "better performance".

I bought my XR for 2-up distance comfort with the mrs. I've put a bit over 2200 miles on it since i bought it earlier this year. My mods are as follows: touring seat, passenger backrest, rider backrest, RAM mount for my phone, bars rotated slightly down. That's it. I thought about more power, different tires, suspension mods, grips, lighting, etc. and maybe I'll get around to those things at some point but for now I'm focused on making it as comfy for the 2 of us as possible. The more I ride it the more I find things that can be adjusted/changed/etc. to achieve that primary goal.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts