Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just put my deposit down by phone in Orlando Fl. for a XCT. I live in Jax, and I emailed about 20 dealers with lowest price I had at the time. When I called dealer near me with price, he said " go for it, we can't beat it". Doesn't sound that good to me really, but it is for black 21,275 out the door, 3 yr warranty. I think I want red though, and emailed to see get that color. I like both and was trying to save money but then thought naaah.
I told him to make sure pig tail for tender is attached, that the vent line is routed down toward the shock as some have said otherwise gas smell. He said he has not heard of that but will make sure with tech guys. Anything else you guys/gals can think of that I need to make sure of?
Ain't it exciting!! Feels like it did when my 150 scooter was drop crated at my door. Or when the 260 scooter was bought. Or then the vt1100 shadow spirit. or the bandit 1200, or the vtx 1800. What next!

maurice

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Just put my deposit down by phone in Orlando Fl. for a XCT. I live in Jax, and I emailed about 20 dealers with lowest price I had at the time. When I called dealer near me with price, he said " go for it, we can't beat it". Doesn't sound that good to me really,
Once your out on the road, the thoughts of dicking around with sales people indefinitely to save an extra few hundred bucks will have long been forgotten. Time is much better spent from the seat of your Vic.cheers

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once your out on the road, the thoughts of dicking around with sales people indefinitely to save an extra few hundred bucks will have long been forgotten. Time is much better spent from the seat of your Vic.cheers
I'm ok with it. Decided on red and extra 2 yr warranty. total OTD is 22090. Said if i don't have a warranty claim, I can use the $360 for anything in the store. cool.

maurice

·
13,242 Posts
Wounder where you live?
Dealer up here bailing on them for 19

·
Registered
579 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

Good luck sleeping tonight. I know I don't get much sleep the night before getting a new bike.

Post some pics when you can. thumb up

·
Registered
790 Posts
Not a good deal???? msrp 21,999 - state/count sales tax, what 7%? registration, deliver and setup fees... at least a little profit for company... and prime shopping season in Florida. Hey you probably tip more at a restaurant than the % they are going to make.

How come nobody is ever allowed to make a profit other than the buyers who (want sellers to take losses) in their own businesses? You don't determine what they need to stay alive, they do, which is why I applaud the Jacksonville dealer for telling you to go for it.

I know you want the best price you can get, but come on... if your unhappy with it, WALK.

In the meantime if you do buy it, stop complaining and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a good deal???? msrp 21,999 - state/count sales tax, what 7%? registration, deliver and setup fees... at least a little profit for company... and prime shopping season in Florida. Hey you probably tip more at a restaurant than the % they are going to make.

How come nobody is ever allowed to make a profit other than the buyers who (want sellers to take losses) in their own businesses? You don't determine what they need to stay alive, they do, which is why I applaud the Jacksonville dealer for telling you to go for it.

I know you want the best price you can get, but come on... if your unhappy with it, WALK.

In the meantime if you do buy it, stop complaining and enjoy the ride.
I"m not complaining much, just said didn't sound that good to me. Based on Ohio offering same bike for about 300 bucks less. It may be a fantastic deal, I don't really know. But I am excited as xxxx to get it tomorrow.

maurice

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Jax florida.
Not out the door though? That was where I received best quote. black out the door for 20900.

maurice
Are you trying to say that you had more than $1,900 in taxes, titles and dealer fees, REALLY? After all, what else could be in OTD figures? I agree with others that quoting OTD is not a good measure as everyone in the world has a different idea of what OTD might actually mean. I do understand that you feel that you got a good deal and thats fine but referencing OTD doesn't really mean anything to anyone here except you. If your trying to say you got a good deal, why not simply quote what they deal actually was (before fees and taxes)?

Either way, enjoy the ride tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Are you trying to say that you had more than $1,900 in taxes, titles and dealer fees, REALLY? After all, what else could be in OTD figures?
By the time I got out the door, I had a windscreen, Stage 1, and heel shifter added to mine. Throw in an extended warranty, a hydraulic clutch, some heated bits and it wouldn't be too hard to tack on a couple grand.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
By the time I got out the door, I had a windscreen, Stage 1, and heel shifter added to mine. Throw in an extended warranty, a hydraulic clutch, some heated bits and it wouldn't be too hard to tack on a couple grand.
LOL - I think all those things would be considered "Accessories" but I guess I could see inclusion into OTD figures and just goes to proof that OTD doesn't really mean ANYTHING to those on this board for comparison purposes.

If someone added CAMS, pipes, trunk, custom paint, heated parts, a couple jackets (His & hers), heated liners, gift cards for relatives, etc.... See, all that stuff only serves to obfuscate anything of reference-able merit, doesn't it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.

Good luck sleeping tonight. I know I don't get much sleep the night before getting a new bike.

Post some pics when you can. thumb up

That's funny. I'm picking up my new Vegas today (also) and here I am up at 2 in the morning because I can't sleep! :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you trying to say that you had more than $1,900 in taxes, titles and dealer fees, REALLY? After all, what else could be in OTD figures? I agree with others that quoting OTD is not a good measure as everyone in the world has a different idea of what OTD might actually mean. I do understand that you feel that you got a good deal and thats fine but referencing OTD doesn't really mean anything to anyone here except you. If your trying to say you got a good deal, why not simply quote what they deal actually was (before fees and taxes)?

Thought most people think OTD price is price of bike with all other fees included (taxes, title, dealer add on etc). Guess I am the only one. Never too late to get educated. :)

Thanks, I will enjoy the 3 hr ride home.

maurice

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL - I think all those things would be considered "Accessories" but I guess I could see inclusion into OTD figures and just goes to proof that OTD doesn't really mean ANYTHING to those on this board for comparison purposes.

If someone added CAMS, pipes, trunk, custom paint, heated parts, a couple jackets (His & hers), heated liners, gift cards for relatives, etc.... See, all that stuff only serves to obfuscate anything of reference-able merit, doesn't it?
Not if the person stated what added items were included in the OTD price, no?

maurice

·
Registered
790 Posts

FL sales tax depends on county you live in. Runs 6-7%, so on a $20k puchase at 6.5% you are looking at $1,300 for that alone, and I think a new tag is roughly $250, plus dealer deliver, prep fees....

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
FL sales tax depends on county you live in. Runs 6-7%, so on a $20k puchase at 6.5% you are looking at $1,300 for that alone, and I think a new tag is roughly $250, plus dealer deliver, prep fees....
I guess that shows the differences. In NC, taxes & tag for a $21K bike would be about $700 but NC does have income taxes which FL residents don't have to pay so FL makes some of that up in sales taxes...apparently.

So, your $1,550 OTD costs for taxes and tags are half that here in NC. The more and more I look at he deal I got, the more I realize I might have done even better than I had originally thought.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Three-hour ride to dealer...

Thanks, I will enjoy the 3 hr ride home.

maurice
Let's hope that you continue to enjoy it back and forth for service too! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rode it home today about 170 miles and am excited. I thank God I had the wisdom to chose the right bike for me, and this is it. Will get pics up on the weekend. Man what a nice machine. The sound of the motor reminds me of the boxer twin of bmw.

maurice

1 - 20 of 25 Posts