Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G'day,

I've just bought a bonzer new '13 Boardwalk in Pearl White.

This is my first cruiser, I'm more of a head-down, bum-up, Power-Ranger kind of rider. Even though I love that 'other' US bike brand, over here Harleys are like Toyotas, everyone's got one. To me, that takes away most of the appeal, before you even consider the technical advantages of Team V.

I wasn't in a hurry to buy, but when I saw the 2014 colour scheme, I wasn't excited, so I grabbed one of the last white '13s around. I love the modern take on the retro styling of the Boardy, the spine and the chiselled flanks of the tank are just horn. I love the Victory headlamp, too. The only thing I think is missing is a dual ( left and right ) exhaust system, I think the swingarm is a little unsightly on the left side. Obviously, not a deal-breaker though.

I'm a little disappointed that the cruise control is no longer offered for this model ( even though the local Victory website still lists it ), I'm chasing some more noise and I think the engine's really tight, she's not quick, but I didn't buy her for drag racing.

So, all good, looking forward to learning more about what I've just purchased, thanks to all of the contributors on here.

Cheers !

·
Registered
185 Posts
Greetings from Sunny Annandale...enjoy that ride...

I have the boardwalk bars on my hammer 8 ball love em..

Cheers, Derek cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Dernel, I love the beach bars, too. I think I need to adjust them back just a little more, y'know, for that 'I'm off to the beach' look.

Crickey, mate, just looked at your list of mods !

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
G'day Guy
Good to have you on board. Nice steed you have there- best colour too. Is that a Chevy Bell I see, bonnet up? Great match.
See you on the road mate thumb up

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cheers mate..had it for about 2 years..cracked about 17.5k so hence some of the mods...

power commander and cams are good value...cheers

couple of Aussies on here..and we have a sub section at bottom of the forum..

catch up for a ride some time..

cheers,

Derek cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Ta, Krisd.

Lot's of people think that's a Chev. It's actually a '61 Imperial Crown, hand-made rival to Cadillac and Lincoln. Affectionately known around here as Enterprise ( as in, the aircraft carrier ).

Anyhoo, where do all the Sydney riders hang out ?

Anyone go to the Victory Rally this week ?
No way- I was going to say Imperial but I know there's only like 4 in the country, and one of those lives accross the road with a guy called Mike (or Mic, can never remember)- Kiwi guy and mechanic at Merc so he knows his ****. His is a 68 though. Very cool mate.

If you look on the other site, VRN, which imploded a couple of months ago, details of the Victory Ralley are on there- they leave today.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Correction- his name is Peter and it's a 58 Imperial....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts