·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
I had a XB9R br.jpg most uncomfortable bike I have ever owned. Vibrations would put your hands to sleep. The head light almost got me killed, little projection light that other cars can not see you. Just way to many negatives, would never consider even trying another one. Eric has folded the company and not listening to his customers. Way over priced, HD would not or could not work on them. Techs had to have special training to work on them . Some people would take the engine and tranny out and make a decent bike out of the power train. some nice kits out there. br1.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I had a XB9R View attachment 43521 most uncomfortable bike I have ever owned. Vibrations would put your hands to sleep. The head light almost got me killed, little projection light that other cars can not see you. Just way to many negatives, would never consider even trying another one. Eric has folded the company and not listening to his customers. Way over priced, HD would not or could not work on them. Techs had to have special training to work on them . Some people would take the engine and tranny out and make a decent bike out of the power train. some nice kits out there. View attachment 43529
They got modern water-cooled Rotax tire spinners in em now.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He also isn't constrained by any HD rules anymore. His last bike actually did pretty well int he races. Granted I disagree with any displacement advantages given to V twins (Ducati) but I don't make the rules.

I would love to see him make an inline 4 or some american bike with something other than a V twin.

·
Registered
538 Posts
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/614/17212/Motorcycle-Article/2014-EBR-1190RX-First-Look.aspx
The price of an american superbike is getting closer to reasonable...
:crzy: :ltr:
no offense but $20k is reasonable for a superbike?

i have owned a Buell XB9 and it was fun, but I think my Ducati Monster was a little more comfy. However, it was more maintenence friendly and cheaper to own than the Ducati's . I am glad to see him getting under his feet again and putting out a nice bike other than the custom built purpose-built race bikes. I hope he continues to push the creative envelope and get back on the map as far as bikes go.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Note I said, "getting more reasonable", not that is is currently reasonable.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got to see the Carbon version at Barber's Motorcycle Museum, I think the price tag on it is 30k. It's a good looking bike for sure. I miss my ZX14 and I'd love to have an American made street bike. I'm considering the Motus being that it is made right here in AL but the new 1190RX could be on the table too. I prob will be picking something up next summer and hopefully there will be a local Buell dealer. If not, I guess it'll be a ZX10r.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts