Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2012 cross crountry and she is beautiful. The wife and i rode her to Key West for the poker run. The ride was awesome and the wife loves her. But on Sept.25 the solenoid for the starter got stuck and burnt the wiring to the starter and froze the starter. She's still at the dealer because now the primary cover which had to be removed to push the starter out is leaking. So the gasket has to be ordered.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I just purchased a 2012 cross crountry and she is beautiful. The wife and i rode her to Key West for the poker run. The ride was awesome and the wife loves her. But on Sept.25 the solenoid for the starter got stuck and burnt the wiring to the starter and froze the starter. She's still at the dealer because now the primary cover which had to be removed to push the starter out is leaking. So the gasket has to be ordered.
Welcome aboard, and congrats on your new XC! Hope you get her back in running order in no time. thumb up

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums. I can understand it would be disappointing to have to put her in the shop but at least it is now and not on the poker run. Mechanical things break but I think once you get a few more miles and smiles you will easily put this behind you. Great bike, Im sure you both have plenty of roads to travel. Enjoy!!!! Safe ridden

Tim

·
Registered
14 Posts
New 2012 XCT owner

Hey guys (and gals)~!

Picked up my 2012 XCT 4 weeks ago. Got close to 1200 miles on it already. Came over from a 900 Vulcan Classic LT. Gotta tell you, that I LOVE THIS BIKE~! Unbelievable power and comfort. AND my wife supported the move. Those heated seats swayed her over~! Anyway, very happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got her back today and so far all is well.. The problem was that because it was an electrical failure and possible fire everything had to be approved by Victory.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Great to hear! Enjoy that new ride!!!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Better to have a New Victory, getting repaired, than not having a Victory at all..... Well, in your case (warranty) any way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts