Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed these today and can't quite decide if I like them or not now that I have them. ImageUploadedByMO Free1434237221.533735.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1434237234.757186.jpg

Better pictures

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Added better pictures.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm more concerned about seeing the tooling marks in the middle. I think they could have done something about that. I need to get them outside in the sunlight to know for sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm more concerned about seeing the tooling marks in the middle. I think they could have done something about that. I need to get them outside in the sunlight to know for sure.
I noticed that too. I know some people like the machined look. Me personally, I would've like to have seen the center section polished to a mirror finish (could still be done) or some chrome inlay. Personal preference I guess, just like seeing a good bead of weld or grinding it smooth.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the cost I think it should have been polished as well, I may have to try to polish it up too, not sure what I am going to do.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes, they would need to be polished
Here are mine, from Whitewall Choppers
I like them because they kinda match cylinders, and floorboards
I also think yours look good!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,619 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
It looks like a great product, just unfinished. The tooling marks should have been removed at the factory IMO. Sanding and polishing is all I know of to do to improve it. Chrome would inlay there would take it to a whole new level (and cost I'm sure). Shame on the manufacturer for leaving it unfinished in the eyes of many.

·
Premium Member
13,619 Posts
I'm thinking the finish should have more options including the machine marks, polished, and even contrast cut on the face, brushed, etc.

A polishing wheel and various polishing compounds from coarse to fine should make quick work of removing the machine marks if wanted.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am really disapointed for the money spent, probably won't by any other of there products. I will eventually polish them out over the winter.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The view I saw showed some that made it look like it wa done like a brushed look, and was toted as a near mirror finish, these do not look like brush strokes or a mirror finish. these are tool marks even showing the last spot that the bit raised up in the CNC machine.

It is my fault for not asking for more pictures.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have a difficult time finding anything that doesn't look out of place. I guess I'm so used to the stock ones. Biggest thing I don't like about those are the fins on them. I think it's obvious that there's nothing there to cool.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts